Mitel is a global market leader in business communications, powering more than two billion business connections with our cloud, enterprise and next-gen collaboration applications.
With more than 70 million users in nearly 100 countries, Mitel is the only company that wakes up every day exclusively focused on helping customers take their communications from where they are today to where they expect them to be.
Mitel is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager – Unified Communications to join our Plano, TX team!
As a Product Marketing manager, you will be part of Mitel’s Product marketing team responsible for the New Product Introduction (NPI) and Go to Market (GTM) activities for a segment of Mitel’s Unified Communications and Collaboration portfolio. In this role, you will be the expert in buyers: why and how they buy and transfer that knowledge to sales, partners, and channels to drive end user demand.
Working with product management and other marketing organizations, you will craft portfolio and product level messaging and positioning while developing innovative marketing programs that drive solution adoption in the marketplace. Passion for collaboration with others and an eye for quality along with the ability to translate technical capabilities into customer benefits is crucial.
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition
- Marketing Planning – using marketing intelligence sources, work with internal product team to develop go to market plans for product launches
- Positioning - Develop solution and product level messaging that strategically differentiates Mitel's products in the market.
- Content Creation – working with the corporate marketing team, construct a library of end-user content within each phase of the buying cycle.
- Product launch – Partner with product management Field Marketing and Channel Sales to execute effective launches to drive product market entry and business results.
- Sales enablement – communicate Mitel’s product value propositions and available sales enablement resources to Mitel’s sales team and sales channel to support the selling process.
- Represent the product portfolio in internal meetings, trade shows, sales and channel events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Development, preferred
- Master’s degree is a bonus
- 8+ years of experience in product marketing in B2B high tech sector. Knowledge of enterprise communications market is a must; hardware, CPE device marketing experience is a nice to have.
- 1-3 years of experience in strategic marketing, sales team enablement, or demand generation
- Strong experience creating original content including brochures, presentations, articles, battlecards, blogs, etc. Samples will be requested.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Experience presenting to sales, channel, partners or other internal organizations.
- Excellent people and time management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and 3rd parties.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Saleforce.com, project collaboration tools.
- Familiarity with Story Seekers or Solution Selling a plus.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time.
Mitel provides equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), parental status, age, religion or religious belief, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military service, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal law, or local ordinance.
These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, demotions, transfers, compensation changes, training, career development programs, layoffs, and terminations.
The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing to any employee or applicant for employment upon request.