Whitepages, founded in 1997, helps you contact, research and verify people in your world. More than 30 million people per month use our people search engine to get in touch with extended friends and family, research backgrounds and verify that people are who they say. Whitepages identity verification is also used by leading companies including Jet Blue, Lego, and Intuit to prevent fraudulent transactions while delivering great online experiences.
We are seeking a customer-obsessed, driven product marketer to lead the go-to-market (GTM) strategy and execution for Whitepages new business line and solutions for small businesses, including product positioning, market research, messaging, acquisition strategy and economics. You will play a high profile leadership role in the launch and growth efforts, including targeting, marketing plan development, execution, and success metrics.
The ideal candidate is metrics-driven with strong ownership, focus and the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively. You know how to drive focus and excellence within the programs you own, with your colleagues in marketing, business intelligence and product management, and across the organization, including engineering and finance. You are creative and dedicated to continually measuring and evolving new marketing programs that engage new and existing customers. You are also a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
- Drive Go-To-Market strategy, including development of the launch and growth plan, product positioning, packaging, market research and customer marketing
- Use market, industry and customer research and analysis to identify target customers(s)
- Develop compelling positioning & messaging for Whitepages SMB products that differentiates us in the market and resonates with target audience
- Work with channel marketing team to develop and execute on acquisition and retention programs that drive adoption of Whitepages SMB products and meet business objectives
- Build out sales and account support operation in conjunction with the Customer Experience team
- Work with Consumer team leadership and finance to set quarterly goals that meet Whitepages business objectives and regularly report on progress against those goals
- Lead Voice of Customer efforts -- be the expert on our target market and customers, identifying insights that improve customer satisfaction and uncover product and business opportunities
- Work closely with Product Managers to identify needs and sharpen product offerings based on feedback from customers and business opportunities
- 3-5 years of progressive consumer marketing experience
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience building forecasts and interpreting data to make business recommendations
- Bachelor’s Degree / MBA in Marketing, Communications, Business or related discipline
- Strong listening skills, and the ability to influence decisions and lead cross-functional initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and hands-on
- Ability to synthesize customer needs to improve customer experience
- Deep understanding of online A/B testing best practices and methodology
- Natural storytelling skills with a gift for writing and ability to create compelling content that speaks to customer pain points. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Combine all this with a dynamic, can-do culture, and Whitepages is a pretty awesome place to work for folks who want to have impact. We are a small team with a passion for what we do, and we keep our employees at the center of our mission. We host weekly events, including catered lunches and happy hours, enjoy unlimited vacation, keep a fully stocked kitchen, and work in some great cities, with headquarters in downtown Seattle, and offices in New York City and Budapest, Hungary.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to spend your days, then visit us at: http://about.whitepages.com/. Whitepages Inc. prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer