Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing trusted information and insights to accelerate the pace of innovation. We offer subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise that cover the entire lifecycle of innovation – from foundational research and ideas to protection and commercialization.
Today, we’re setting a trail-blazing course to help customers turn bold ideas into life-changing inventions. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted information brands, including the Web of Science™, Cortellis™, Derwent™, CompuMark™, MarkMonitor™ and Techstreet™.
We employ 5,500 colleagues in more than 40 countries.
Clarivate is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CCC.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can change the world. Our intellectual property group enables organizations around the world to develop, protect and commercialize their innovation with confidence.
The Product Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting key growth initiatives, including new product launches and enhancements; buyer journey mapping; persona research and development; sales enablement programs and content; and thought leadership initiatives throughout the year.
The Product Marketing Specialist drives initiatives that support sales, demand generation, content marketing and corporate communication. (S)he works closely with Product Management to understand and develop value propositions for new products and enhancements; with Global Sales to provide critical information and tools to grow the business; and with Marketing to plan launches and campaigns from strategy to market delivery and analysis. To be successful in this role, the Product Marketing Specialist must be a critical thinker, strong writer and highly organized.
- Planning: Plan and track programs that support product launches and enhancements, working across product marketing, demand strategy, field marketing, and customer marketing, as well as with creative and web teams.
- Product Positioning: Assist in the development of clear and compelling messaging and value propositions that differentiate products in the market globally and by region. Work with the Product Marketing, Product Management and Global Sales to build user personas and map out the customer journey, while identifying opportunities to optimize the customer experience.
- Sales Enablement: Communicate value proposition of the products and enhancements to sales while assisting in the development of messaging and tools that enable sales to grow the business. This includes internal and external release communications, and corresponding sales tools, every 6 weeks.
- Content Creation: Partner with creative teams (internally and externally) to manage and track the development of content pieces, including sales tools, blog posts, web content, social media content, videos and more.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Natural curiosity in how things work
- Proclivity for marketing and conveying complex ideas in easy to understand ways
- Attentive to detail and committed to quality
- Pragmatic, analytical, good at prioritization and trade-offs
- Leadership skills and ability to influence peers and counterparts in cross-functional teams
- 2-5 years of experience in product marketing or marketing communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in field that requires strong critical thinking and writing skills
- MBA or pending MBA ideal, but not required
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.