Location: Akron, Ohio
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
About the Position
The purpose of this position is to act as a liason between an IT developer and the End Customer. Candidates in this role need to have the technical knowledge to communicate to both parties and represent Goodyear to the End Customers by explaining solution product capablities. - Support of the Solutions Product Managers roadmap - Oversee design and execution of a Solution Products capabilities - Coordinate development execution and timelines - investigate new technical offerings and potential growth areas in technology - Give guidance and direction to developers.
- Oversee design/architecture and execution of a solution products capabilities
- Coordinate development execution and timelines
- Lead product evolution through designs and technical knowledge
- Interact with End Customers to explain and deliver product capabilities
- Research of new technologies and methods
- Research and answer questions/request from customers and business users
- Perform testing and debugging of solutions
- Implement best practices when configuring solution products
- Perform development tasks when needed
- Create Training manuals
- Create customer facing documentation of Solution Product capabilities
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science required, Masters degree in Computer Science preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in a Technical position
- Experience developing/designing Web Applications
- Prior team or project work experience
- Experience writing SQL Queries
Skills and Abilities
- Moderate to advance in agile methodologies
- Moderate to advance in technical project delivery
- Strong leadership skills and self-motivated
- Demostrated skills in problem solving and critical thinking
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment:Computer Science, Database, SQL, Quality Assurance, QA, Technology, Quality