This is an exciting opportunity to be a key transformation contributor as Penn Mutual continues to be a leading innovator in the insurance industry. This influential leader works with business partners at all levels to define the vision and roadmap for transformational change efforts. They are a passionate advocate and doer who will ensure clarity of the vision and guide execution through to completion. They prioritize the approach and work closely with Agile development teams and business teams to ensure work execution meets strategic goals of the company.
- Build and maintain relationships with leaders and key stakeholders to understand, articulate and communicate transformation change priorities.
- Work collaboratively as change agent and champion of transformation that ensures execution of identified transformation opportunities using a flexible approach.
- Provide visibility into transformation effort progress, successes and challenges at all levels of the organization (individual teams, department, program, executive levels, and enterprise wide).
- Demonstrate passion as an advocate and doer who will see a vision through to completion. Hands on execution when needed, guide and advise where appropriate, constantly in touch with remaining steps toward transformation.
- Exhibit enthusiasm in building consensus and inspiring collaboration in solving opportunities. Encourage and build enthusiasm in others.
- Perform duties of a Product Owner for transformational efforts
- Determine and articulate Minimum Viable Product. That is, identify those portions of an overall vision that are minimally necessary to achieve Penn Mutual’s objectives.
- Articulate, elicit and inspire others to execute and support a compelling product vision and strategy.
- Collaborate with other Product Owners and partners to understand inter-team dependencies.
- Elicit customer and stakeholder feedback on the quality and accuracy of delivered product features.
- Construct and communicate release plan to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire the execution of a vision
- Proven negotiation, influence and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to create strong graphical representations (powerpoint, visio, prezzi, etc) to guide discussions and gain common understanding of topics.
- Proven ability in the area of creative facilitation and encouragement of innovation
- Encourages and demonstrates comfort with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict, experimentation, and informed risk taking
- Proven public speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with both technical and business associates
- Proven ability to make or facilitate effective decisions as they relate to an Agile team’s product delivery
- Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by learning new skills and making suggestions for process/procedure improvement
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment
- 5+ years relevant experience in leading innovation or change initiatives
- 3+ years relevant business experience and/or previous Product Owner, Product Manager, Business Analyst or similar experience
- Experience in insurance and/or financial service industries a plus
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual Values:
Acting With Integrity—We have the conscious intention to do the right thing.
Respecting One Another—We see each other’s distinctiveness as a valued asset.
Focusing on Relationships—We foster meaningful connections with others.
Sustaining Our Legacy—We are trusted guardians for what we promise.
A Shared Sense of Belonging—We evoke our place as part of a world that we influence and influences us.
For Leadership roles within Penn Mutual, we believe the below characteristics are essential:
Execution Focused—Gets it done. Drives progress and results towards strategic objectives.
Strategic–Sees the big picture. Challenges boundaries, takes risks and innovates to execute and advance Penn Mutual’s strategy.
Authentic–Keeps it real. Is principled, transparent, trustworthy and accountable.
Decisive – Makes the call. Demonstrates courage, confidence and a bias for action.
Empowering – Develops people. Sets clear expectations, delegates effectively and encourages risk taking.
Influential – Sets the tone. Inspires, motivates and persuades others through their decisions and actions.
Penn Mutual is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic information, disability, religious observance or practice, liability, veteran status or any other classification protected under applicable law.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.
About the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Penn Mutual is committed to helping people live life with confidence. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that life insurance is central to a sound financial plan. Through our network of trusted advisers, we are dedicated to helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their dreams. Penn Mutual supports its advisers with retirement and investment services through its wholly owned subsidiary Hornor, Townsend & Kent, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Visit Penn Mutual at www.pennmutual.com.