- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, computer science, information management systems, or a closely related field or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience as an Associate Product Owner or in a relevant role
- 2 years of experience in a product management role
- Certified Scrum Product Owner Training
- SAFe certification
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
The Product Owner aligns product visions and prioritizes what we deliver within a Lean/Agile development team environment. They are a direct owner of a delivery team’s backlog and are responsible for story creation and acceptance criteria definition, prioritization, and deciding whether a story is "done" and ready for production.
- Ensure the Development team works on the right things from the stakeholder’s perspective
- Consistently maintain a clean backlog with predictability on capacity for future sprints and releases, and create a continuous flow of value
- Effectively negotiate the priority of enablement stories and business stories with full transparency on the value of each
- Write new user stories and/or features, ensuring that acceptance criteria are met when code is complete
- Engage with our User Experience team to define requirements for how a prospective user interacts with the product
- Share insights throughout the company regarding the product
- Drive the vision and definition of the product
- Know why we’re building the technology product, its audience and what problem it will solve
- Understand and represent the voice of the client
- Understand the business, technology and process context in which a product delivers value
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.