- Ability to think strategically and a willingness to challenge assumptions
- Prior experience in a Product Owner role
- Experience driving product and process improvements
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members
- Driven to learn and improve oneself
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, marketing, project management or equivalent experience
- Ability to advocate for the product
- Ability to strategically prioritize work
- Experience aligning stakeholders to a diverse, prioritized roadmap across technical debt, enablers and business value items
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Prior experience or confidence working with financial markets, the mortgage industry or marketing
- Experience with agile work environments
Want to work on products, websites and software that support our 30,000+ team members and hundreds of thousands of clients every year? Our family of more than 100 companies is looking for a Product Owner to support our business ranging from fintech and software to sneakers, sports and real estate. A career here offers remote flexibility and an amazing work-life balance.
In this role, you’ll build collaborative relationships with business partners and work with a highly motivated team of engineers to define work items such as stories, features and epics. You’ll prioritize the team backlog to streamline the execution of priorities, while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features for the team. You’ll be an influential team member leading the development, modification and release of systems and products.
You must be able to communicate effectively, think strategically and be comfortable with giving and receiving feedback. This team member is the primary steward of the product and communicates proactively.
Technology as a whole and within our organization is constantly evolving, so if you’re a curious person and looking for a place that promotes professional growth and development, then this is the job for you.
We pride ourselves on the welcoming culture that starts day one – this is a place where everyone can bring their entire self to work and diverse opinions are welcome.
- Ensure the development team is working on the 'right' things from the stakeholders’ perspectives
- Continuously prioritize the product backlog based on market changes, client feedback and business priorities
- Provide stakeholders with clear and consistent communication and reporting around product updates, progress, risks and roadblocks
- Develop the product roadmap with product management to deliver the agreed upon feature(s) in line with the product vision
- Work with business and technology stakeholders throughout the product development lifecycle
- Ensure work is completed to agreed upon standards and in alignment with product vision
- Display consistent and regular attendance and be readily available in a fast-paced workplace
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question – it’s part of our DNA.