Apex Systems has an immediate opening for a Product Owner to work with other Product Directors, Product Architects, Client Leads, Release Managers, Scrum Masters and other internal and external stakeholders, to support development of Agile Product Vision and Roadmap, with the goal of building the best viable product for the customer.
- Work with project teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release. The PO is responsible for defining and executing the product roadmap. This includes defining requirements, writing user stories, prioritizing initiatives, and driving scalability and other investments for our core systems.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure business needs are being articulated and defined appropriately.
- Decompose features into user stories with user acceptance criteria based on the business needs.
- Support development of Product Vision and Product Roadmap.
- Own the Team Backlog and participate in Agile grooming sessions for product user stories.
- Work very closely with the Scrum Master, Release Manager, Product Directors, Product Architects and the Scrum Team to support deliverables.
- Participate in Release planning
- Support Sprint Planning
- Serve as a product expert, understanding user workflow; and working with Development to deliver solutions to meet end user needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to own a complex solution including future release development and integration.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product.
- Bridge the gap between our technical needs and the requirements of our users including providing detailed product requirements for implementation of changes to our systems.
- Work with key stakeholders across integrated project teams to ensure successful product releases.
- The ideal candidate is someone with strong technical skills and knowledge combined with the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts, but with enough business acumen to prioritize initiatives and work with senior management on tradeoffs.
- Experience working within the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Experience writing requirements and manage others driving requirements through the full SDLC. Includes business requirements, functional design, test plans, implementation plans, and can review and understand technical design.
- Technical understanding of databases, flow diagrams, some ability to read code and scripts.
- Ability to own and drive defect triage and prioritization.
- Experience with managing the creation and grooming of user stories and defining acceptance criteria in Scrum.
- Excellent communication and Partnership skills.
- Hands on experience with Agile practices, Scrum process, Kanban etc.
- Proven leadership experience in IT delivery.
- Deep understanding and experience of web technologies, user experience modeling/evolution etc. Understanding of mobile technologies will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle.
- Business savviness and ability to identify potential business and product opportunities.
- Experience with Product Roadmap development and influencing key stake holders for buy in on business priorities.
Nice to have’s
- Development or testing experience
- Business analyst experience
- Experience with JIRA a plus
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178