Product Safety Manager
The Pokémon Company International, Inc. (TPCi) has an immediate opening for an experienced Product Safety Manager with product safety testing and management experience with products designated for children.
Reporting to Associate General Counsel, the role responsibilities will include: developing and implementing product safety testing programs for Pokémon products worldwide. You will closely work with various internal stakeholders including the legal team and the production team and coordinate with outside counsels and business partners for regulatory compliance. This role serves as the product safety communication and coordination liaison between internal teams and external labs, and works closely with the Production department to ensure consistency with and adherence to all applicable safety laws worldwide. This position ensures that internal documentation, standards, and processes are robust, thorough, and well documented.
* Keep up-to-date on new legislation and regulations to ensure the company is always maintaining the highest compliance standards possible. This includes working with Production to ensure that functional and legal interpretations are aligned.
* Develop and maintain all of our product safety processes and documentation to ensure that we are current with legislative changes. Role includes regularly reviewing and updating our testing criteria and standards as laws change.
* Work with Production to ensure all applicable products are tested and reviewed to the highest standards required.
* Works with Logistics to ensure proper testing and documentation is present before shipments are released in accordance with applicable laws.
* Build and maintain relationships with a variety of labs to ensure flexibility and competitive costs.
* Keep an eye on various boards and databases to search for any negative feedback regarding the safety of our products.
* Ensure product development follows standardized, simplified, and functional workflows.
* Work across departments to ensure software tools are implemented with consistency across the company and concurrently with an eye toward process improvement.
* Ensure the project requests flow through the Production department in a timely and consistent manner. Work across departments to ensure requests are accurate to minimize downtime and repetitive work.
* Work across departments to ensure everyone understands and is following the product labeling requirements and standards.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* 5 years’ related experience in a manufacturing environment and consumer products environment or equivalent experience.
* 3 years’ product safety testing experience.
* Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements such as CPSIA/ASTM, Prop 65 (USA), Toy Directive (EU), and ISO.
* Experience with children’s entertainment (preferred).
* Japanese language skills (a plus, not required).
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
* Some travel may be required; must be able to travel domestically and internationally
Jobs are scraped from the URL http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/ rss feed