If you are looking to develop skills in the areas of industry, technology and client-facing work, look no further than the Product Support Engineering Intern role at OSIsoft.
As a member of the Customer Support team, our mission is to serve our customers with best in class quality and speed to achieve their business outcomes while developing internal talent for the future of OSIsoft. In this role you have the opportunity to make a significant impact for our broad customer base, including Fortune 100 companies, while simultaneously building upon your existing skill-sets. The role will allow you to develop a variety of skills that will contribute to your entire career while working with a team of talented people who help our dynamic range of customers.
As a Product Support Engineer Intern, you will:
- Grow your technical skill-set by developing a solid foundation in the PI system, related software and industry technologies.
- Develop your business acumen by communicating with our customers to understand how they utilize our software to solve their business challenges, and by collaborating with different OSIsoft departments to deliver and improve our customers’ experience with our company and products.
- Team with Product Support Engineers to enable our customers’ success to manage their operations by supporting them remotely through phone, email, or web channels to best serve their environment while performing a variety of complex technical challenges.
- Learn infrastructural tasks such as creating virtual machines for testing
We're looking for:
- Self-motivated individuals with a customer mindset and desire to help people
- Enthusiasm for technical problem solving, with attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and research in a dynamic and engaging environment
- Additional language skills a plus, specifically Spanish, Portuguese or French.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree or PhD
- Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Natural Sciences or related field
- GPA 3.25 or above a plus
- 0-3 years of work experience
- Mentoring: You will be assigned a technical mentor to guide you
- Continuous learning in project management
- Collaboration with various parts of the Customer Support Services team
- Learn to systematically troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues
- Work/Life Balance
- Casual Business Attire
- May 18 to August 7
- June 21 to September 11
OSIsoft is a global leader in operational intelligence. We deliver an open enterprise infrastructure, the PI System™, to connect sensor-based data, systems and people. OSIsoft has installations in 127 countries and is widely used across manufacturing, energy, utilities, pharmaceuticals, life sciences, data centers, facilities and the process industries, as well as the public sector and the federal government. OSIsoft is headquartered in San Leandro, California, U.S.A, with offices around the world.
At OSIsoft, we provide the industry standard in enterprise infrastructure for management of time series data through the OSIsoft PI System™. Our customers rely upon the PI System™ to safeguard data and deliver enterprise-wide visibility into operational, manufacturing and business information. The PI System™ enables users to manage assets, mitigate risks, comply with regulations, improve processes, drive innovation, make business decisions in real time, and to identify competitive business and market opportunities. We are time series data; if the data has a value at a given time, we collect it, store it, and show it to our customers whenever they need it! We let engineers and managers see exactly what’s going on in their processes in real time – useful, right?
OSIsoft is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer. Adhering to our tenets, we are pathfinders, we are honest, and we respect people: our customers, partners, and especially our employees. We are committed to an inclusive workplace and accept applications without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.