Title: Product Support Manager, SME (Functionals)
Working Location: Wright Patterson AFB, OH
Odyssey Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Subject Matter Expert level Product Support Manager, assisting the Government in the day-to-day management of the product support elements for the AFLCMC/LG-LZ Logistics and Product Support division.
Product Support Management; Design Interface; Sustaining Engineering; Computer Resources; Manpower and Personnel; Training and Training Support.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Assist with developing and providing training, guidance, support tools, and center-level processes to enable standardization of key product support procedures across AFLCMC and to assist program offices in the execution of product support tasks.
Assist with providing training, to include developing training documentation, and providing on-site and/or virtual training to program offices.
Perform control activities that include but are not limited to schedule monitoring, progress monitoring, fielding questions, and risk management.
Assist with developing tools and center-level processes to enable standardization of key product support procedures across AFLCMC and to assist program offices in the execution of product support tasks. Tools include guides, standards/specifications, contract languages, models, templates and metrics to assess the health of the product support within the center.
- Provide program office outreach support by responding to questions, conducting research, and assisting program and staff offices to execute product support activities, which may involve coordination and engagement with Office of the Secretary of Defense, defense agencies, Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Secretary of the Air Force (SAF), major commands, AFMC centers, and AFLCMC program offices. Program office outreach support tasks include but are not limited to participating in staff assistance/site visits, conducting informational briefings, facilitating meetings and coordinating task activities in support of program or staff offices upon Government request.
Specialized Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Must have at least five years of experience in, and working knowledge of, a USAF program office or a USAF program acquiring, fielding, and sustaining weapons and/or support systems.
Expert knowledge of the Product Support Management PSE in order to plan and manage cost and performance across the product support value chain and all 12 PSEs from design through disposal.
Have knowledge of specific efforts such as risk management, program protection planning, SCRM, transition support planning, product support integrator/product support provider related processes and private/ public partnerships.
- Secret clearance
- MA or MS degree preferred.
- 15-20 years of relevant experience.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- On Site Cafeteria
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Military Leave
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans