Mitel is a global market leader in business communications, powering more than two billion business connections with our cloud, enterprise and next-gen collaboration applications.
With more than 70 million users in nearly 100 countries, Mitel is the only company that wakes up every day exclusively focused on helping customers take their communications from where they are today to where they expect them to be.
The Tier 2 Product Support Representative provides enhanced technical assistance and support to our Mitel Cloud customers and our Triage Agents. The Tier 2 agent has the ability to handle both transport and application based issues.
- Ability to perform all of the essential Triage troubleshooting skills
- Use all of the tools available to Tier 2 to troubleshoot voice quality issues
- Rapidly build a high-level diagram of the customer’s network to aid in troubleshooting
- Easily troubleshoot all feature issues
- Use and explain the results of circuit quality testing (Cloud NOC, PRTG, Path Solutions, VeloCloud, etc.)
- Troubleshoot circuit issues beyond the demarcation using the available tools
- Maintain communication with the customer using Remedy updates
- Meet all SLA requirements
- Take over cases that are escalated from Triage
- Become proficient in either Applications or Transport
- Take on major projects when requested
- Assist Tier 3 with server upgrades
- Carrier escalations
- Proven ability to clearly document all necessary information
- Responsible to take inbound calls when needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical support role; telecom experience a plus
- Customer driven mindset with a strong focus on detail
- Strong typing skills (speed and accuracy critical)
- A strong and proven desire to learn and work in fast paced agile environments.
- CCNA, MCSE, Mitel certifications (ORIA, MBG, MCD, MiCollab, MiCD, Oaisys, NuPoint, etc.) preferred
Mitel provides equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), parental status, age, religion or religious belief, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military service, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal law, or local ordinance.
These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, demotions, transfers, compensation changes, training, career development programs, layoffs, and terminations.
The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing to any employee or applicant for employment upon request.