If you are searching for a leadership position with opportunities for challenges and professional development, this controller position may be a good fit for you. In this position, you can make an essential contribution to meeting and developing our company's financial goals as the controller plays a key role in our company and entails a high degree of independent judgement and responsibility. Reporting directly to the CFO, the Controller directs the accounting operations, fiscal responsibilities, cash management, and risk management. Total reports include a team of employees in Accounting, A/P and A/R.
- Supervise accounting departments; ensure that correct processes are followed at all times, promptly identify and troubleshoot errors or other problems, and provide leadership and guidance.
- Analyze financial information, make accurate forecasts and recommendations as to future financial decisions.
- Ensure that accounts payable are managed correctly and that invoices and payments are processed promptly; regularly review ledger activity and ensure complete accuracy.
- Establish and implement procedures for all processes within the accounting departments; ensure employee familiarity through training, manuals and other materials.
- Manage taxation issues, including the preparation of yearly tax returns; facilitate audits, including the preparation of audit reports, schedules and requests. Oversee the company's budget and ensure that financial goals are met by compiling monthly financial reports and reconciling financial information and ledger accounts.
- Ensure that financial and accounting procedures are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including the establishment of internal controls and appropriate training and documentation; implement, maintain and upgrade financial systems.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
- 7-15 years of progressively responsible accounting and finance experience for a major company or division of a large manufacturing corporation.
- Experience in the foods manufacturing business.
- Prior Accounting and Finance staff supervisory experience.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP (IFRS).
- CMA or CPA a plus.
Full Benefits, Relocation package