Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
This position is responsible for executing systems input and maintenance duties to allow production supervisors to spend most of their time on the floor focused on coaching and process improvements. The Production Analyst coordinates, schedules and executes activities that occur within the manufacturing facility and supports all production supervisors from all lines and shifts.
The purpose of this position is to achieve continuous improvements in the areas of safety, quality efficiency, customer service and leadership so as to deliver the commitments of the plant.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for running MIPS orders and translating it into a production schedule ensuring most optimal changeover frequencies to meet truck schedules.
- Responsible for formula and process standards validation by ensuring that all systems and posted standards, documentation match between Doran Scales, Mixer bulk recipes, Oracle, MIPS and WinSPC.
- Reviews and verifies ODI to ensure data entry is accurate.
- Coordinates and schedules all activities related to Manufacturing Transformation including Problem Solving events, Tear
- Down to Restore, transformation training to all new associates and refresher training for all existing associates
- Tracks the usage and sustainability of all management infrastructure activities from Manufacturing Transformation
- including Leader Standard Work Usage, Gemba Walks compliance, Tier I Huddle Meeting compliances and effectiveness and participates in Tier II Meetings.
- Supports Root Cause Problem Solving events by ensuring proper schedules to allow right associates to participate for optimum results.
- Ensures WinSPC is up to date with products, attributes and data collection frequencies. Pulls reports and shares with supervisors and bakery management to understand performance and drive compliance.
- Ensures Time & Attendance (Kronos) entries are verified, accurate and submitted to Payroll to meet weekly deadline.
- Supports with the scheduling for training related to Safety, Food Safety, Transformation and any other topics to ensure development of the workforce.
- Assists the Production Manager in preparing and submitting for approvals ECO’s as needed.
- Creates associates and supervisors work schedules and makes timely adjustments to ensure full coverage, including holidays.
- On a quarterly basis updates all Posted Standards, setup charts and Production Standard Operating Procedures (PSOP’s) for the bakery.
- Responsible for ordering all manufacturing related supplies (gloves, bins, bump caps etc).
- Tracks cycles for all pan sets. Schedules and coordinates cleaning and glazing of pans as needed.
- Drives department compliance with established safety, GMP, and QCP training and ensure compliance with all company policies, plant rules and all regulatory agencies.
- Participates in and leads Manufacturing Transformation activities as needed like Root Cause Problem Solving, Gemba walks, huddle meetings, Leader Standard Work. Using Gemba walks, conducts routine safety and sanitation inspections to promote associate safety and good housekeeping and overall effectiveness of established procedures.
- Leads the achievement of a zero injury workplace by ensuring safe working conditions for associates and compliance with all state and federal regulations on environmental, health and safety issues.
- Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and professionalism, demonstrating active support for the Company’s culture.
- Understands, coach and teach the principles of the BBU Manufacturing Transformation, including Lean tools, process capability and operational discipline.
- Provides Production Supervisor floor coverage as needed for vacation coverage or other non-planned absences.