The primary role of the Production Assembler is to manufacture quality products in a safe manner.
Responsible for assembling and/or fitting parts together to form complete units or subassemblies at a bench or a conveyor line. May include operations requiring the use of simple hand tools and/or power or special assembly tools.
Duties may include, but are limited to:
- Set up and operate machines
- Load/unload machine (may be assisted by automation or ergo aids).
- Relief of fellow operators
- Operate manual material handling equipment to re-stock production areas with raw material or purchased parts.
- Move wheeled carts, racks, bins containing work in progress to adjacent production areas
- Eliminate routine errors, perform minor maintenance work.
- Participate in troubleshooting and solving any production related problems (e.g., machine breakdown, defects in purchased parts), and the continuous improvement process.
- Inspect product quality
- Disassemble scrap products, salvage material.
- Cleaning surrounding work areas
- May be assigned different duties depending on plants needs.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 45 lbs.
- Ability to frequently bend, reach or twist.
- Ability to frequently lift, transfer at waist height 30lbs
- Ability to stand and/or walk long periods of time.
- Must pass a one floor to waist lift of 65lbs.
- Must pass a full physical and lift test performed by company appointed physician
Experience requirements:Light to medium manufacturing experience is preferred.