The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation’s major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com, and follow NASCAR on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat (‘NASCAR’).
NASCAR Productions seeks a talented professional to join in the position of a Production Assistant based in our Charlotte, NC office.
The Production Assistant (Live Events) creates, produces and edits a variety of video products for use in television and digital broadcasts of live and post-produced events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use talent, skill and knowledge of best practice to produce and edit short-form materials in a live and quick turnaround environment using new and archived materials.
- Use talent and skill to create a compelling story using visual and sound elements that enhance the final product Manage creative process with internal clients to enhance and broaden the final product
- Utilize storytelling concepts and processes to engage the audience and create memorable content Develop simple concepts into creative material
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders Research, write and provide ideas for future content Manage projects independently with minimal supervision Write and/or edit scripts to meet production requirements
- Direct the work of Production Assistants during events and/or shows
- Plan and perform video post-production tasks including reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, logging, rough cuts, making audio adjustments, making color correction, creating graphics, and finalizing editing
- Coordinates various aspects of production such as audio work, music, camera shots, and script writing Travel: 50%, including weekends
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or university and a minimum of three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in sports media, preferably in digital/social media video production.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organization, communication, and time management skills
- Able to react quickly and positively in a wide variety of production situations Able to manage multiple projects at the same time with little direct supervision
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends, to meet deadlines Able to provide and accept feedback without compromising creativity or quality
- Skilled in non-linear editing (Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro) Strong writing skills
- Ability to operate HD video cameras preferred but not required
- Well versed in post-production graphic and edit tools (After Effects and Color Correction)
- Knowledge of auto racing, including current drivers, rules and events
- Working knowledge of footage libraries, music software systems and file based workflows Understanding of the various formats, deliverables and materials used in current production Understanding of sports production and client specific video projects
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about the sport and are united in seeing it grow. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.