Department: Factory Management Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Department Manager
Grade/Level: Salaried / Class 1 Amount of Travel Required: 10%
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: Directly supervise 1st floor operations.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 7AM to 3:30PM.
Additional hours may be required before and after shift.
On-call M-F until 10PM. Occasional Saturday morning coverage required.
To assist in planning, organizing, directing, and managing all facets of blade manufacturing departments. Responsible for keeping employees of all departments productive, safe, and informed.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Oversee activities directly related to leading and managing departments to manufacture quality products.
• Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
• Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with organizations management and staff members as necessary.
• Assist in determining staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
• Manage inventory control of manufacturing supplies utilized in process.
• Procurement and testing of new products for manufacturing.
• Research and recommend new machinery for each department.
• Schedule and advise department manager of each department's hours needed to accomplish production goals.
• In the absence of the department manager; review rates, operations, times, etc. utilizing labor and time keeping tracking system.
• Interface with supervisors as to personnel, quality, equipment, or supply needs for each department and expedite solutions.
• Interface with employees to give the opportunity to express any production, quality, or personnel concerns they may have.
• Interface with production control, purchasing, and fellow managers to insure proper expediting of production requirements.
• Perform random quality assessments of work-in-progress within each department.
• Meet with supervisors and department manager to establish long-range completion dates of projects, processes, or new items currently being processed.
• Evaluate processes and submit change of process forms as necessary.
• Participate in manufacturing meetings as necessary.
• Serve as rotating member of the Safety Committee.
• Develop technical reports regarding machine utilization and product demand trends upon request.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Training - Ability to develop a skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with co-workers.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be credible in the workplace.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
• Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associate degree (two-year college or technical school): Required
Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school): Preferred
Experience: 5 plus years of experience in Manufacturing
3 plus years of experience in Supervisory or Management role
Metallurgy a plus
Computer Skills: MS Office; primarily Excel, Word, and Outlook.
General computer ability required.
Certifications & Licenses: Class A Industrial Power Truck.
Other Requirements: Must possess mechanical aptitude to understand how equipment operates and/or functions and assist in diagnosing issues regarding product quality or machine malfunction.
Must be able to communicate in English. Ability to communicate in Spanish helpful.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Manually Manipulate O
Reach Outward O
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs or less C
11-20 lbs C
21-50 lbs F
51-100 lbs O
Over 100 lbs N
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs F
26-40 lbs O
41-100 lbs O
Other Physical Requirements
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.
• PPE related to specific applications.
• Lift/carry 51-100 lbs with assistance.
The department is located on the first floor of the facility. Some processes utilize coolant liquids. The work area surfaces are damp, and some puddling may occur. The climate is occasionally warm and humid. Heat Treat area emits frequent high temps around or near process. Steel room area climate dependent upon outdoor climate; Winter/cool and Summer/warm. Department is primarily one level with concrete flooring.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Salary range: $49,000 to $54,000 or commensurate with experience.
Robust benefits package includes; Profit Sharing and Cash bonus annually.
Department: Factory Management Job Status: Full Time