Production Assistant - (19000072)
We are A&S Brewing. We're a craft beer incubator with the goal of bringing craft beer to beer lovers near and far. We have brands all across the country brewing exciting and innovative styles for their communities, and have set up shop (our headquarters) in Burlington, VT.
Our strategic plan is simple; keep the quality high and stay open to innovation. The same can be said for our hiring approach.
Sound like an exciting group to be a part of? (HINT: IT IS!) Read on below for details!
We are looking for our next Production Assistant for Concrete Beach Brewery in Miami, FL!
Packaging Assistants will be cross trained in several areas of the Production Department and will become familiar with all equipment in their daily designated area of work. Primary responsibilities include: keg cleaning and filling, canning line operation, palletizing/hand packing cases, depalletizing and loading empty cans, shipping and receiving, general organization and cleanliness of production facility.
What You'll Do:
- Must be able to work in and promote a team oriented and “Safety First” environment. Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives.
- Must observe and practice all Department/Brewery Procedures. Including; wearing proper PPE, including respirators and all safety and sanitation equipment as required and follow all GMP guidelines.
- Safety and efficiently operate Production Department equipment/machinery as assigned to meet department/brewery goals. Including but not limited to: Canning line, Keg washer, etc.
- Must be receptive to working in a team environment and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Conduct proper sanitation duties. Involves the complete cleaning of all the equipment within the facility. Foaming equipment, hoses, brooms, shovels, brushes, scrapers, squeegees and numerous chemicals are necessary to sanitize the designated site.
- Read and operate computers and automated equipment and input data as required.
- Perform Quality checks, testing, and complete paperwork as required.
- Communicate with coworkers, face to face, Brewery phones, and email (as needed)
- Perform work and cleaning in confined space areas.
- Assist equipment and product changeovers, using tools as needed.
- Assist other operators and departments in training, repair work and equipment operation as needed.
- Assist with supporting overtime as needed to cover varying production needs. May include 12 hour days, weekends and/or holidays.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Must practice safe work methods and comply with wearing and using the proper PPE 100% of the time on the floor and always work in a safe manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and applicable Production knowledge required.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers and customers.
- Must be available to support shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Self-starter, proactive.
- Proficient with Computer systems and automated equipment. Must be able to learn and accurately utilize company systems; read and operate computers and automated equipment and input data as required.
- Must be able to work assigned shifts as needed
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs repetitively throughout the shift.
- Be able to stand, twist, and bend as required for 90% of work schedule.
- Work overtime as needed which may require 12 hour days, weekends, and holidays.
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and Hot and Cold room environments
- Must work and clean in confined space areas such as tanks and vessels.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Primary Location: US-FL-Miami
Concrete Beach Brewery
325 NW 24th St.