Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
WMBB, TV located in Panama City, FL are seeking a part-time Morning Production Assistant. The Morning Production Assistant provides support to production staff prior to, during and after the production of a program.
- Support production staff with the coordination, creation, scheduling and distribution of all news marketing projects.
- Assist with general duties including screening tapes, finding still images etc.
- Research and disseminate ideas for project-related news topics and elements.
- Screen, log, transcribe and clip footage for projects; organize element reels.
- Log and archive video and associated data for future use.
Requirements & Skills:
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Familiarity with processes and procedures of a television production department.
- Basic computer knowledge including MS Office.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Production Assistant must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Production Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.