Process, sort and hang donated goods; contribute to the mission of Goodwill by portraying a positive image of the organization, complying with instructions and prescribed routines, working within the limits of prescribed routines.
- Process incoming donated goods and furniture at various work stations. Sort and clean goods to go to the sales floor or into bins for rotation to other stores based upon schedule.
- Receive donated goods and furniture and issue receipts as directed.
- Visually check donated clothing items for cleanliness and damage. Identify unacceptable items and place in salvage bins.
- Hang garments and place on proper racks for sales floor.
- Check labels to separate clothing on designer list for boutique sales.
- Achieve hang count goals of ninety (90) pieces per hour at a minimum and averaging 100 pieces per hour at the end of probationary period.
- Separate goods by category and place color-coded tags or letters on items based upon chart.
- Place wares on shelves or racks and furniture on sales floor once priced by a member of management and assisting in the movement of furniture in and out of processing area, as well as changing of floor arrangement
- Move bins and gaylords to proper location.
- Keep processing area, aisles and shelves clean, orderly, and clear of hazards.
- Clean store if necessary.
- Work from policies, standards, and instructions.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups as directed and maintain required level of knowledge pertaining to operating procedures, requirements, processes, and policies.
- Follow safety rules, ensure safe operating conditions are followed within area of responsibility, wear required personal protective equipment and clothing, and keep work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Perform or assist with any assignments as required or directed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate clearly in English and understand verbal/written instructions.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive manner; excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work inconsistent and atypical hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive manner; excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of current market value of household items, electronics, clothing, and furniture
- Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping, bending and bagging of goods
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Regularly lifting or carrying of heavy objects in excess of 25 lbs.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Hangers, racks, bins, tagging gun, scissors, pallet jack, hand truck, dust mops, brooms, carts, totes, vacuum, lift gear, furniture dolly, labels, markers and other standard store and safety equipment.
Pay Rate: $8.50/hour