Ajinomoto Foods North America is a leading frozen foods company, committed to providing nutritious and delicious meals globally. With a rich history of diverse ethnic brands, our brands have become household favorites all across America. We are dedicated to contributing to a healthier lifestyle through nutritious and balanced Umami foods. With a commitment to excellence and innovation, all our products are cooked with our customers in mind, providing healthy and delicious meals for all.
We are looking for a Swing Shift Production Associate to join our rapidly expanding team in the Portland area. The Swing Shift Production Associate is responsible for packing bagged product into boxes and/or stack cases onto pallets. Essential Functions include but are not limited to inspecting, monitoring, and communicating problems with equipment or product to the Lead.
- Assemble and prepare bags and boxes.
- Ensure proper coding and sealing of bags and boxes before packing into cases or onto pallets.
- Ensure proper stacking and placement of finished cases on pallets.
- Understand different case packs and weight ranges of product.
- Understand Company quality standards for product defects and immediately report excessive defect levels.
- Monitor packing equipment to ensure everything is working correctly.
- Communicate with co-workers at shift change regarding situations that have or may impact production operation.
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Sanitation Practices (GSP).
- Perform work within Company quality standards and governmental regulatory standards.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Practice 5s and clean as you go.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS :To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Six months or more manufacturing experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of basic math skills
- Ability to read, writes and communicate effectively .
- Basic understanding of HACCP and food safety concepts
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Knowledge of basic math skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.