Production CNC PROGRAMMER / SETUP / OPERATOR
• Construct programs necessary to produce parts(, tools and fixtures) from provided drawings and models.
• Provide Set up sketches and tool lists for all part programs.
• Use standard tool list to provide accurate tool description for “kitting" the job(s).
• Provide information as required to purchasing to ensure necessary tools are on hand when part production begins.
• Develop innovative approaches to part machining in conjunction with Production Manager.
• Ensure programs issued with Production Package contain sufficient information to define operations, sequence of operations, and any notes normally associated with program information.
• Edit programs as necessary per Production Manager.
• Complete required paperwork including program records.
• Ensure that personal work station and equipment are cared for and used in a clean and safe manner.
• Operation of CNC machines
• Follow safety practices, policies and procedures.
• Complete time card with proper codes.
• Assist with cost estimating as required.
This person will work to provide optimal efficiency for part runs within parameters set by Management in order to have parts programmed and ready to run per established schedules.
This is a non-exempt, full time, hourly position.
• High School Diploma.
• At least five years CNC programming experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably using G & M code programming
Associates degree or Trade school training preferred.
Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with setting up and running a variety of CNC lathes/ Mills
• Experienced at programming a variety of parts including machined parts with complex contours. Using G-code and FANUC controls
• Proficient with best machining practices and in machine feed / speeds rates
• Ability to work to specifications with extremely high attention to detail.
• Ability to work on own with motivation to provide a quality product.
• Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Extremely detail oriented.
Quality and Safety conscious
Self-starter and highly motivated
Team oriented person
Excellent work habits and ethics
Must have own tools
Able to work toward continuous improvement including 5s & lean practices