Discover a luxurious oasis at the Omni Houston Hotel. Situated on impeccably manicured grounds, the Houston Galleria hotel features the finest in Houston accommodations with sensational views of the city or pool area. The Omni Houston Hotel is centrally located in the prestigious Uptown Post Oak/Galleria area and is just minutes from all of the excitement that Houston, Texas has to offer.
The Omni Houston Hotel’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel may be your perfect match.
To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Executive Sous Chef and ensures effective operation of the kitchen and food production outlets.
- Support restaurant chef/sous chef and supervisor
- Control quality and consistency of all food served.
- Ensure station is set for service 15 minutes prior to service.
- Insure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
- Assist in controlling food cost.
- Required to learn all menu items produced by assigned station.
- Refrigeration and serving of cold food.
- Production of orders.
- Help to make sure of product availability for all outlets items.
- Directs proper sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
- Keep kitchen clean and organize every day by any business.
- Ensure staff follows Ecosure rules and procedures.
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order.
- Help to direct or report proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers (rotation of food products and cleanliness).
- Be on hands on control over daily food production.
- Monitors safety in the kitchen.
- Ensure food quality and consistency.
- Knows hotel and kitchen expectations and the proper guidelines.
- Help to checks and controls prep and inventory lists for kitchen staff.
- Help to check quality and consistency.
- Display basic knife skills
- Minimum of 1 yr experience in fast paced, culinary environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours per day
- Flexible Scheduling to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.