Work as a key member of the Production Team for an international transit manufacturing company as a Production Expeditor. As someone who has the company's growth in mind and has a vision for the company's future, the Production Expeditor has an important influence on the planning and control of expediting activities. This role will have primary day-to-day responsibilities for planning and controlling all inventory-related activities. This will include direct responsibility for expediting and inventory control. Ideal candidate will have Production Expediting experience in automotive, aerospace, rail or heavy equipment manufacturing.
Production Expeditor Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate logistics operations in support of the production by ensuring parts and materials are supplied according to operation schedule.
- Control all vendors by review, revise, develop, and coordinate processes and procedures to accurately support operations. Key attributes for this role include reduction of delivery delays and focus on metrics to validate vendor efficiencies.
- Oversees inventory in accordance to budgetary requirements related specifically to each project.
- Serve as the subject expert on inventory controls and logistic controls and will be required to provide continuous feedback to the production department to ensure operational efficiencies.
Production Expeditor Requirements:
- The Production Expeditor will also need technical know-how of the manufacturing process to best support production goals.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Working experience of vendor management software (SAP highly desirable)
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills
- Strong proactive capabilities
- Bi-lingual Italian highly desirable
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- 3-5 Years of Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $24.00 /hour
Benefits and Paid Time Off