Associate is responsible for operating and maintaining the continuous good operating condition of assigned equipment or processes through application of expert level skills learned through a specialized training program and OJT.
Production Expert Responsibilities (During Normal Production hours)
1. Effectively operates process (designated as Production Expert Position) to meet Safety, Productivity & Quality targets, performs routine process adjustments and works to standardize process in order to overcome chronic issues.
2. Collect and compile activity data and report action items/results to the line Group Leader.
3. Complete routine check sheets, control charts, preventative maintenance sheets.
4. Initiate request for additional technical support (Maintenance, Engineering) through line leadership. Support Maintenance in understanding issues related to process performance or condition to resolve downtime or improvement issues.
5. Maintain equipment change logs, 5M1E logs and ensure communication is accurate & complete for other shifts.
6. Monitor production equipment to make necessary adjustments and analyze machine information to determine any additional actions.
7. Recognize & report impact of process variation on downstream processes.
Production Expert Responsibilities (During Designated Non-Production hours)
8. Track, evaluate and create detailed plan to address production issues related to performance problems including chronic downtime, chokotei, quality issues, ergonomic issues, job standardization and Kaizen opportunities.
9. Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Production Progress Analysis Sheets (PPAS), analyze output data, and take pro-active measures to improve operating conditions with direction from leadership.
10. Assist the Group Leader to create control & training/communication documents to train associates on process operation, TPM, process recovery, etc.
11. Support new product trials and quality confirmations related to specific or designated process.
12. Analyze key process defects with leadership to determine root cause and corrective actions.
13. Assist engineering, maintenance &/or leadership with equipment installations, capability studies, relocations and engineering or process changes.
14. Recognize and recommend sub-materials, indirect materials or wearable tooling/jig changes to improve the production process with proper approval from leadership.
15. Support cost reduction activities as directed by leadership.
- 2 years experience in a technical role
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Basic computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic math skills