Production Field Engineer, ESP & Gas Lift, Global Energy Operator, North Dakota
Salary dependent on experience, Incredible benefits package
$5 Billion+ Oil and Energy Operator working out of the Bakken Region consistently improving and extending their capabilities and market reach. This organization has consistently held on to a strong position within the industry and have found great success in the past 10 years (even during the O&E downturn) with the diversity in their offshore, onshore, upstream and midstream projects. Additionally, this organization has set forward a plan to continue to their success with multiple projects spanning the globe including several lucrative joint ventures.
A role as a Production Field Engineer within the Bakken Region has emerged because of the success this organization found in the area and their growth plans to double production by mid-2020. As a Production Field Engineer, you will be tasked with analyzing and understanding onshore ESP (Electric Submersive Pump) and Gas Lifts. You must be able to properly implement the correct pumps and optimize its usage. Develop processes in which you will reduce operational costs while monitoring the budget restrictions. Troubleshoot issues involving ESP and Gas Lifts and develop analysis reports to prevent or expedite future failures.
Heavy field operations and you will be supporting the Senior Production Engineer on numerous wells across the region. This role will require 80% in Keene, ND and 20% in Minot, ND. The operator will provide transportation and compensation for travel.
This is a permanent position and is heavily office based with a field visit ideally once a week. This role follows an 80 to 9 schedule where you will work 80 hours for 9 days resulting in a Friday off every other week.
- BS in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent degree
- 5+ years working as a Production Engineer on ESP or Gas Lift projects
- Expert knowledge on the production, systems, process, failures and optimization of ESP and Gas Lifts
- Strong grasp of cost engineering and implementation of cost saving methodology
- Strong analytical and technical skills with attention to detail and process improvements
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision in a diverse, multidiscipline team environment
- Knowledgeable in Wellview and XSPOC
Preferred but not required:
- Knowledge in analytics tools like Spotfire, SQL
- Experience with mid-major oil and energy operators in the United States
- Proficient skills in all Microsoft office products
- Salary begins at $150k (Dependent on overall experience)
- Full Medical + Dental + Vision for individual and family
- Guaranteed target bonus (average for the past 5 years has been 20%+ of base)
- 6% 401k Match + Pension Plan options after 3 years
- Guaranteed 10% living bonus
- Discretionary stock options after undisclosed number of years
- 2 to 3 weeks PTO on average + sick + holidays
- Relocation package including assistance on closing costs, transportation costs and new housing costs
- Organization will pay up to 90 days, free of charge, for housing while assisting in the search for a permanent location
- Assistance in sourcing top tier education for children
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, please 'apply now' with an up-to-date copy of your resume, or reach out to me for more detail:
Ebnul Karim; firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (646) 593-8674
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within oil and energy, please contact us for a private discussion on your career. Alternatively, please feel free to share this job within your network.