The Production & Inventory Control (P&IC) Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of effective, facility-wide Production & Inventory Control activities to support material flow and on-time delivery.
Areas of responsibility include managing production scheduling and Inventory Control.
* Oversees Production Scheduling, Material Handling, and Receiving
* Establishes and maintains departmental production schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
* Establishes and maintains department procedures consistent with divisional/site goals
* Manages tactical supplier relationships and work with Strategic Sourcing teams to manage supply chain and key suppliers
* Implements defined replenishment strategies within Microsoft Dynamics ERP system
* Owns business processes and data within the function required to effectively run the business
* Collaborates with Operational Management to optimize production planning, detail scheduling and material replenishment process for maximum utilization of the plant facilities and resources
* Develops targets, systems and procedures for balancing optimal inventory levels with customer availability and market leading lead times
* Drive efforts to continuously review and improve inventory accuracy and cycle counting programs
* Champion lean activity in direct support and relationship to facility lean direction and business needs
Reporting / Analytics
* Analyzes operational variances, extracts and reviews historical data, incorporates projected scrap allowances, production efficiencies, and on-time adherence while working with operational teams to identify and implement improvement opportunities.
* Report out and action supplier on-time delivery and quality measures
* Drive YOY supplier cost reductions, inventory accuracy improvements, & on-time performance.
* Participate in Engineering, Project Management, Sales, Quality and Operations Planning sessions, and contribute in the development of operations plans to support organizational goals
* Communicate Materials Inventory plans to the Leadership Team at regularly scheduled intervals
Health, Safety & Environmental
* Promote effective Health, Safety and Environmental programs and practices, ensuring that high standards of site safety are established and met
* Demonstrate personal commitment to a safety and quality culture
* Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results
* Identifies and addresses general root causes to safety and quality problems
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled