About Promotion in Motion Companies, Inc. (PIM)
We are one of North America’s premier makers of fruit snacks, confections and other treats. Ranked amongst the top 50 on Candy Industry Magazine’s “Global Top 100” confectionery companies in the world. PIM has also been named as one of the fastest growing CPG companies in the U.S. by The Boston Consulting Group and IRI, for the fourth time in six years to receive this recognition.
At PIM our goal is simple: We delight consumers with delicious, high quality snacks and confections. Our commitment is to develop, manufacture and market the highest quality products in a responsible, ethical and transparent manner. We put consumers at the core of what we do and are continually looking to improve our people, knowledge, processes and technologies to accomplish this.
Ensure operation of Mogul and ensures production of candy that meets product and quality specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observe gauges, dials, and product characteristics, and adjust controls to maintain appropriate temperature, pressure, and flow of ingredients
- Tend or operate and control equipment
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP’s.
- Record production and test data, such as processing steps, temperature and steam readings, cooking time, batches processed, and test results
- Listen for malfunction alarms, and shut down equipment and notify supervisors when necessary
- Set temperature, pressure, and time controls, and start conveyers, machines, or pumps
- Turn valves or start pumps to add ingredients or drain products from equipment and to transfer products for storage, cooling, or further processing
- Clean, wash, and sanitize equipment and cooking area, using water hoses, cleaning or sanitize solutions, or rinses
- Remove cooked material or products from equipment
- Collect and examine product samples during production to test them for quality, color, content, consistency, viscosity
- Input data on production details
- monitor product flow
- Operate auxiliary machines and equipment
- Stacks filled trays and transfers them to drying area
- Positions trays under machine to receive molded candy
- Feeds candy filled starch molding trays into feed rack of machine that empties trays, removes starch from candy and deposits candy on trays or conveyor for packing and shipment
- Operate process within specified processing parameters designed to meet customer specifications
- Comply with GMP and HAACP regulations
- Operate within given SOP parameters that ensure desired food quality results
- Operate at desired production rates
- Interact with Maintenance personnel to monitor and improve performance of equipment.
- Ability to work additional hours if needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and crouching. Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls. Lifting and moving of objects weighing at least 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.
Job will generally be performed in the manufacturing plant. When on the plant floor it is representative of a large, busy manufacturing operation. Noisy, active, objects on the floor, constant movement and traffic flow of motorized equipment. Hair net, beard net, assigned work uniform, protective eye wear and gloves are among the GMP required apparel that must be worn, if indicated, on the plant floor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- High School education or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Must be able to inspect and recognize good quality products
- Packs Product, makes cases
- Must be able to operate Palletizer
- Must have the ability to follow instructions
- Must have the ability to keep records
- Two to three years and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic math and computer skills are preferred
- Willing to be trained
- Ability to read, speak, and write English is required
What We Offer:
We invite you to come and build a SWEET career at PIM. Our entrepreneurial environment is perfect for action-oriented individuals who enjoy a non-bureaucratic structure. Make an immediate and lasting impact while helping to grow our iconic brands.
PIM offers competitive pay and a comprehensive set of benefits for which each Associate is eligible on their first day of employment.
- Medical, prescription drug, dental, vision care, flexible spending accounts for you and your dependents
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous paid time-off including sick/personal days, vacation, and company holidays
- Wellness Programs
- Scholarship Program
- Commuter Plan
Our Key Principles:
- Put Consumers First: Understand consumers and address their needs and desires.
- Accessible: We strive to make our brands available in traditional retail and online – anywhere consumers want to find them.
- Transparency: Be open and honest about our products, ingredients, how we make them and label them.
- Responsibility: We do not advertise on any media outlets aimed at children under age 13 and have signed an industry commitment to abide by this standard.
- Community: We partner with local and national organizations on strategic initiatives to help our communities thrive.
- Fun and Goodness: At the end of the day, we make snacks and treats that bring joy and goodness to peoples’ lives.
Life at PIM:
We believe to our core that our true competitive advantage is talented Associates who share our values and our passion for the business.
A lot of companies talk about being entrepreneurial. At PIM, we live it every day. Associates are empowered to make decisions and bureaucracy is kept to a minimum.
Attracting, selecting, and developing top talent is what differentiates us from the competition.
You can make an immediate and lasting contribution to help grow our iconic snacking and confectionery brands, no matter your area of expertise.
We are a privately held mid-sized, global company with limited bureaucracy, committed to investing in the business.
Be part of a fast-paced environment that provides challenging opportunities to learn and grow your career. We recognize and reward achievement and foster great teamwork through collaborative and strong relationships with colleagues.
Enjoy your work and be part of a fun team and industry.
Somerset, New Jersey:
Located within Franklin Township in central New Jersey, Somerset a beautiful and friendly suburb of New York City and is one of the best places to live in New Jersey. Somerset is conveniently located minutes away from Interstate 287 and the New Jersey Turnpike.
PIM is an equal opportunity employer, and an e-verify employer.
Production Shift Supervisor