Production Machine Operator - Williston, VT
The Production Technician is responsible for monitoring Keurig Dr Pepper’s production processes; including operating manufacturing equipment and maintaining compliance with Keurig Dr Pepper’s high standards for safety and quality. This role will be engaged and understand initiatives to improve safety, quality, delivery, cost and culture.
Shift and Schedule:
This position will work on the N2 Shift from 6:00pm-6:15am Friday to Sunday with alternating Thursdays.
What you will do:
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures and demonstrate safe behaviors at all times.
- Participate in discussions and take action on feedback provided through our Safety Observation and Peer to Peer safety programs.
- Maintain a healthful and safe environment and report any safety incidents and/ or injuries to appropriate personnel.
- Comply with all safety training initiatives.
- Perform standard work and understands where to find Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) at the site level.
- Understand and comply with quality systems and policies (Quality Data System (QDS), Safe Quality Food (SQF), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)).
- Demonstrate knowledge and articulate understanding of quality terminology and metrics.
- Participate and contribute information and opinions during Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) for quality events.
- Contribute information for and participate in internal audits as appropriate.
- Accurately perform quality checks and maintain accurate records.
- Actively engaged in learning machine operations and apply learnings to perform work to standard.
- Populate and present Daily Management System (DMS) Line Board with hourly data on production, Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE), Scrap, Safety, Quality and articulate issues and/or opportunities.
- Communicate equipment performance and issues effectively during shift handoff.
- Complete changeovers and cleans, including line clearance & pre-checks, following standard work.
- Perform documentation and verification activities in all applicable systems (COLOS- Software package used for labeling, PeopleSoft, Systems, Applications & Products (our ERP system) Manufacturing Execution System, Trackwise and paper records) to ensure timely release.
- Escalate line issues and opportunities, including initiation of Root Cause Corrective Action activities.
- During maintenance calls, remain at line to provide information, support, and use the event as a learning opportunity.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency of all jobs/equipment in assigned areas through certification process.
- Actively engage in learning and following standard work processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate an active level of curiosity to learn critical drivers of waste and line efficiency.
- Understand and actively work to reduce line scrap and material usage variance.
- Recognize, define and articulate importance of the following terms: waste, cost per cup and cups/ labor hour.
- Respond to quality and waste issues by stopping production if necessary and escalating the issues.
- Generate productivity ideas and support continuous improvement teams working on reducing waste.
- Participate in and learn from Root Cause Corrective Action activities.
Participates in our Team Culture as it pertains to dependability, teamwork, professional behavior and participation
- Dependability: regularly arrives to work on time, returns timely from breaks, meets attendance guidelines and consistently arrives on time and prepared for team meetings.
- Teamwork: demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others, contributes fair share of team’s work, appropriately communicates status of work during shift transitions, demonstrates a willingness to help other team members, demonstrate the ability to receive and provide constructive feedback, and demonstrates a high level of cooperation across the site. Shares knowledge/skills with team members.
- Respectful and Professional Behavior: models appropriate communication and behavior amongst one another, demonstrates self-awareness and takes actions to continuously improve, interacts respectfully and professionally with supervisors and coworkers, complies with organizational rules, policies and procedures.
- Participation: demonstrates a willingness to participate in daily meetings, completes tasks in work area, accepts responsibility for one’s decisions and action and positively adapts to the changing business environment.
- Integrity: approaches actions with moral character and ethics.
What you must have:
- Strong mechanical aptitude of processing and packaging machine operations; with a preference of some manufacturing experience.
- Ability to make decisions, communicate and problem solve. Self-motivated team player who models appropriate communication and behavior amongst one another.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, demonstrate satisfactory attendance, and follow instructions from others.
- Strong computer and software skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Enterprise Resource Planning systems, etc)
- Basic mathematical skills to make production calculations
- Experience with Systems, Applications & Products (our Enterprise Resource Planning system) preferred.
- Able to work in a manufacturing environment, within a variety of environmental conditions.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to lift, bend, stretch and stand during full shift.
- Ability to push/pull up to 1,500 pounds using supplied equipment.
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend, stoop, twist, and reach overhead with repetitive motions.
- Ability to meet all requirements to wear respiratory protection.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to work in a variety of temperature and humidity conditions.
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.