Craft Your Career with Brasscraft Manufacturing Company!
The entry level Rotary Transfer Trunnion Set-Up/Operator is responsible for efficiently setting-up and operating machining equipment at rate and also performing maintenance and repairs to tooling as well as spindles, belts, sheaves, bearings, and other various machine components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to accurately read blueprints and understand tolerance specifications.
- Record information throughout shift including production data per hour, performed tool changes, various issues, and recommendations for following shift.
- Effectively gauge parts for conformance including pin/plug gauges, straight thread gauges, tapered pipe thread gauges, and various positional gauges.
- Perform SPC functions.
- Efficiently start and stop machines including loading stock onto machines.
- Perform daily maintenance tasks (fill oil, check pressures, check coolant level).
- Provide own hand tools as required to perform job responsibilities.
- Remove, replace, pre-set, and reinstall tooling including drills, hollow mills, die heads, taps, recess tools, burnish tools, etc.
- Remove and replace spindle units and repair various components including spindle bearings, seals, sheaves, belts, chains, etc.
Competencies and Skills:
- Understand and comply with company safety standards and federal regulations.
- Good communication skills.
- Good basic math skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Must be a team player across departments.
- Consistently maintain a clean work area.
- Rotary Transfer Machining Experience (Buffoli, Gnutti, Hydromat, Mikron machines)
- 5 years or more experience with tooling adjustments, set-ups, change-overs, and troubleshooting quality or production related issues
- Statistical Process Control experience a plus
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) experience desired, but not required for this position
- Must be able to lift 10 – 20 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to lift 20 – 40 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to easily grasp products and other materials.
- Climate-controlled, noisy environment.
- Authorized access areas.
Brasscraft Manufacturing Company is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality water and gas flow control products, plumbing service and repair parts, and drain cleaning and plumbing hand tools for the new construction and repair/remodel markets. Headquartered in Novi, Michigan, Brasscraft supports a wide array of channel partners including wholesalers, retailers and specialty dealers, who serve residential and commercial markets across the Americas. Brasscraft has set the plumbing standard for 70 years, with industry leading brands including BrassCraft®, Plumbshop®, and Cobra®.
BrassCraft Manufacturing Company
ShiftShift 2 (United States of America)
Full or Part TimeFull time
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
CNC and Machining Manufacturing Engineer