Country:United States of America
Location:A50: Phoenix - Aerospace 1007 E. University Drive, Phoenix, AZ, 85034 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
The Maintenance Technician will perform maintenance tasks on various test, assembly and plant site equipment associated with aerospace electronics manufacturing.
- Setup of test equipment to run failing test to confirm problem exists per Repair Ticket
- Perform fault isolation with assistance
- Utilize software and a variety of diagnostic tools to troubleshoot and repair equipment down to board/component level with assistance
- Repair equipment/cable utilizing extractor and crimp tools, solder iron, and de-solder station as appropriate
- Installation and checkout of new equipment
- Repair electronic instrumentation and power supplies with assistance utilizing a variety of manual hand tools
- Perform preventative maintenance on all test equipment per established schedule
- Interface with external vendor for preventative maintenance (PM) and Repair
- Oversee contractor work to ensure proper policies and procedures are adhered to, once proper training is received
- Develop, review and revise technical documents
- Conduct data collection and trend analysis
- Setup mechanical and hydraulic equipment to run failing test to confirm problem exists per Repair Ticket
- Perform fault isolation with minimal assistance
- Conduct data collection and trend analysis
- Follow work priorities to accomplish production goals
- Recognize and take steps to resolve maintenance/work area issues
- Follow housekeeping requirements
- Maintain accurate records of all work performed
- Communicate, interact and provide customer service in a professional, polite and cooperative manner
- Communicate work status to team members and internal customers
- Read and interpret test instructions, maintenance manuals, engineering prints, and schematics
- Utilize computer systems for labor charging, equipment manuals, Total Maintenance System database, prints and standards
- Occasionally drive company vehicle to pick up parts
Transport product with or without product carts; lift up to 35 pounds unassisted; sit at workbench/test stands for extended periods of time; stand at workbench/test stands for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required; use hands for extended periods of time to perform test & troubleshooting tasks; distinguish colors and meet vision requirements. Will be working with equipment with moving parts; high potential (voltage/current); in areas with a high level of noise; chemicals that may emit fumes; jet fuel and other coolant substances; products of various weights and sizes; high air pressure; enclosed x-ray and laser machines. Wear static-control and personal protective equipment.
- Associates Degree in related technical field, or equivalent completed education required
- Minimum three (3) years of directly related experience
- Good reading, writing & math skills; good computer skills
- Knowledge of office software apps
- Understand theory of electronic circuitry & electrical components
- Good understanding of programming software (Labview, C++, Visual Basic, Lab Windows)
- Good understanding of communication buses (GPIB, IEEE-488/1394, RS232, 422, 485, Arinc 429/692, Ethernet, ADFX and 1553)
- Ability to read and interpret assembly / test instructions, engineering standards, engineering prints, and schematics.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to use diagnostic and hand tool
- Ability to effectively communicate & interact with others at all levels
- Understand and operate electronic test equipment
- Ability to multi-task
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments.
As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by Collins Aerospace.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislinkto read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to email@example.com.