Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
The Production Management Consultant will be part of a team whose focus is on providing enabling services within the Application Maintenance & Support (AMS) organization. This work encompasses the management and analysis of the workload expense as well as initiatives to lean processes, improve quality of data, and reduce expense. The candidate is responsible to lead and/or participate in the design and development of methodologies, processes and standardization of tools that support these efforts. Will be working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, dynamic environment
- Support, interpret and analyze data to inform decisions that impact the organization’s work- Analyze a complex application maintenance portfolio to determine workload impact on business expenses
- Investigate material variances/inconsistencies identified during monthly reconciliations to determine root cause of the issue and resolve through collaboration with internal partners
- Identify opportunities and drive or support initiatives toward a goal of relentless improvement to deliver business value with efficiency and consistency across the global organization
- Participate on cross-functional teams and provide data driven recommendations regarding workload analysis, best practice and tool utilization
- Lead process management efforts for workforce utilization and expense with the AMS organization
- Manage transparent and trusted communication of issues with stakeholders
- Promote continuous improvement to maximize productivity; advise team on operational values, practices and processes; socialize and facilitate education on new processes
- Provide business and technical expertise through team brainstorming to address challenges and develop solutions
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Excellent communication skills including delivering presentations and influencing and leading others
- Budget and planning skills
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationship with stakeholders
- Strong Excel and data integration skills
- Strong analytical thinking and end-to-end problem-solving skills
- Finance/Insurance industry experience
- 4+ years of related IT experience – with knowledge of production support, SDLC/application development, infrastructure or technology operations
- Global enterprise experience
- Training and/or experience with Lean, Agile, ITIL, DevOps
- Power BI, QlikView and/or VBA
- Experience working with offshore teams and vendor delivery partners
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Application Maintenance and Support
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 110047