Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
Application Maintenance and Support (AMS) has an opportunity specifically supporting the Retirement & Income Solutions (RIS) business. This position is focused on building and maintaining relationships with business and technology teams to understand business priorities and ensure delivery of solutions to meet expectations, while intercepting interference from other teams and addressing valid concerns.
- Activities include: single-user issues and service requests, scheduled maintenance, regulatory and compliance activity, data corrections, and turnover of applications from development to maintenance.
- Works with Business and other stakeholders leveraging metrics to prioritize, communicate status, and track issues arising from Request Fulfillment queues.
- Represent the AMS organization to Business and IT leadership as a clear, consistent source of trustworthy information, exhibiting transparency and good decision-making skills
- Monitors patterns of incoming requests, drives remediation activities to reduce volumes, and collaborates with cross-functional teams on new initiatives.
- Consult on operational support models for new features and business solutions
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4 years IT experience, including 2+ years in applications development or maintenance
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in project management or lead role
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and relationship management experience with business customers and IT partners
- Experience working with offshore delivery partners and third-party vendors
- Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Finance/Insurance industry experience
- PMI Certification, ITIL, Lean Six Sigma
- Experience working in Agile frameworks like Scrum and Kanban
- Multi lingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
- Understanding of DevOps principles
- Service Now and Jira Experience
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 108778