Job Ref.: 5400
Job Title: Production Manager – Chemical Manufacturing
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: Yes
Town / City: New Orleans
Job Type: Permanent full-time
We are currently seeking experienced candidates for the position of Production Manager at our Manufacturing Site (near New Orleans, LA). Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position will manage unit operations teams with accountability for productivity, safety, and cost/efficiency by applying chemical engineering principles knowledge and expertise acquired through prior training/experience.
• Responsible for all unit operation deliverables including achieving production schedules, quality, safety and environmental compliance, yield, cost, training and other applicable targets and goals.
• Manage, mentor and direct unit personnel, including training, performance management, discipline, work schedules, overtime and attendance, etc.
• Coordinate operating unit activities with other functions including Maintenance, Logistics, Procurement, EHS, HR and Quality.
• Develop and implement process improvements, resolve operating issues, develop corrective actions.
• Optimize and improve operations by maximizing production rates, improving on-stream factors and utilizations, reducing cycle times, utilities and other costs, maximize yields, debottlenecking processes and improving product quality.
• Troubleshoot various complex problems, introduce new product and raw materials to unit.
• Lead and participate in incident investigations, management of change (MOC) and Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
• Measure, track & improve key operating parameters/metrics (cycle times, yields, utility usages)
• Execute small improvement projects within the unit as needed.
• BS in Chemical Engineering with 7+ years experience in chemical manufacturing
• Experience with batch and continuous chemical plant processes and equipment including reactors, heat exchangers, piping, and pumps and pumping systems, boilers, cooling systems and technical drawing interpretations.
• Prior direct management experience with chemical operators is desirable
• Strong knowledge of process technology and equipment, process modeling and statistical process control, basic engineering principles and regulatory compliance
• Prior experience with MOC and PHA processes
• Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
• Strong leadership, organization and planning skills
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. BS in Chemical Engineering.
2. 7+ years of experience in chemical manufacturing.
3. Experience with batch and continuous chemical plant processes and equipment including reactors, heat exchangers, piping, and pumps and pumping systems, boilers, cooling systems and technical drawing interpretations.
4. Prior direct management experience with chemical operators is desirable.
5. Strong knowledge of process technology and equipment, process modeling and statistical process control, basic engineering principles and regulatory compliance.
6. Prior experience with MOC and PHA processes.
Apply for this job