As an Amphenol EEC Production Manager, We’re looking for an experienced Production Manager who doesn’t mind putting in long hours and working with employees to constantly improve our output. This person will need to aggressively support all Quality functions and accept responsibilities for basic incoming & production process inspections at the start, with a desire to grow the business in Des Plaines. To plan, organize and control production in an organization to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to standard. The Production Manager will interface with multiple departments, ensuring the successful transition of new products from engineering department to production. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high technology, manufacturing environment and works well in a matrix structure across all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the activities of the shop floor and follow established procedures and approved processes.
- Supervise all production operations such as machining, processing and assembly.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities to fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements, and deliver products in a timely fashion.
- To assist the Quality Manager in ensuring proper implementation of all QMS Procedures & Practices at the manufacturing site
- Participate in the development, validation, and verification of all assembly documents and manufacturing instructions.
- Schedules production effectively by analyzing and using multiple data sources to develop strategic and tactical plans for work flow
- Strives to level load production schedules to ensure efficient and cost effective production
- Reacts and reschedules production when needed to accommodate unexpected situations
- Monitors, analyzes and reports production performance for Operations
- Determines product delivery dates based on material availability and labor capacity
- Updates master production schedule to reflect correct completion dates
- Revises production schedules when required due to labor or material shortages
- Recommends labor and machine requirements to meet short and long term production schedules
- Ensures appropriate inventory for efficient production
- Monitors shipping risks and opportunities
- Participating in joint evaluations and investigations with engineering to assess product anomalies and provide root cause corrective action plans
- Supporting product line manufacturing areas and reviewing manufacturing planning
- B.S. in Electrical, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering. M.S. in Engineering and ISO training preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of Quality Assurance experience working in new product development.
- Technical skills involving design and assembly of electromechanical equipment, fabrication, and industrial processes.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Must have computer proficiency and knowledge of MS Word.
Here at EEC we have built a team of skilled professionals to provide the best possible product and service to our customers. Our team contains specialists in many areas including Product Realization, Tool and Mold Making, Precision Machining (CAD/CAM), Production Planning, Electrical Harness and Component Assembly.
Amphenol offers a competitive salary and benefits. The candidate must be able to legally work in the United States; we are unable to provide sponsorship. Amphenol is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
If you are interested in this great opportunity and possess the skills and experience necessary, we are eager to hear from you.
Production Plant Manager