Aspen Aerogels, Inc. is a rapidly growing company founded in 2001 to capitalize on proprietary and patented advances in aerogel technology. Aspen has developed a proprietary, easy-to-use blanket form of aerogels with broad application to a variety of markets including Oil & Gas, Building & Construction, Outdoor Gear & Apparel, Solar Thermal, Appliances and Transportation. With facilities in Northborough, Mass and East Providence, RI, Aspen over 280 employees.
The Production Manager is a structured leader who plans, directs and achieves goals (safety, productivity, profitability) through the development, enhancement or continuance of effective methods and strategies and frequent collaboration and communication within own and across multiple disciplines. The Production Manager is responsible for leading, motivating and coaching over 70 Production employees including department leads and supervisory staff.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Be a visible leader in the area of personal safety by supporting company safety programs and initiatives; focusing on accident and incident prevention/corrective action; managing injuries to a positive outcome and participating in and following through with root cause investigations when necessary.
- Oversee the production schedule, process and workflow for operating cadence, communicating the most updated operational plans to members of management, sales and/or company officials as required.
- Assess resource requirements for daily operations and special projects and communicate needs and/or changes to appropriate staff.
- Ensure that equipment is efficient, maintained and operational by working collaboratively with maintenance and engineering partners.
- Drive operational discipline improvements with departmental partners as needed, identify and eliminate bottlenecks, adhere to control plans and implement/support best practices.
- Partnering with training team, identify departmental training needs and oversee the effective training and completion thereof
- Schedule, conduct and/or participate in meetings related to Safety, Quality, Supply Chain issues and initiatives, creating solutions to optimize plant efficiencies, product performance and cost
- Effectively manage departmental budget by tracking and adhering to materials spend and efficient labor utilization.
- Partner with Human Resources to handle issues in a prompt and fair manner regarding employee relations matters, working to mitigate issues by modeling and expecting a respectful work environment.
- Ensure performance and behavioral expectations are clear to employees through routine feedback and by timely completion and support of the annual performance review and merit increase process.
Key skill sets that are integral for success in this role include:
- Demonstration of high integrity, strong work ethic, sense of urgency and a desire for personal and organizational success.
- Demonstration of effective communication both verbally and in writing to internal and external customers to solve problems, participate in discussions and/or suggest improvements.
- Inclusive leadership style which demonstrates a ‘lead by positive example’ approach.
- Demonstration of strategic thinking combined with a tactical ability to achieve goals.
- The ability to adopt and follow the Company’s core values of Safety, Quality, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer and Innovation on both a personal and professional level.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or closely related work experience required as a substitution for a degree.
- At least 10 years of manufacturing experience with at least 5 years in a leadership capacity.
To Apply: All interested and qualified candidates must submit a cover letter detailing interest in and relating years of relevant experience to be considered for this highly visible position.
Please apply on line at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=aspaero&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Aspen Aerogels, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf Opens a New Window. .
Aspen Aerogels, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (508) 466-3111 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For Our Rhode Island Applicants:
Aspen Aerogels, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The East Providence, RI facility of Aspen Aerogels is subject to Title 28, Chapter 29-6.2 of Rhode Island General Laws, which governs Worker’s Compensation.