Celanese is a Fortune 500 global chemical innovation company that engineers and manufactures chemicals used in products essential to everyday living. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, we employ over 7,700 dedicated people working between 43 facilities across 18 countries. We are committed to employee growth and creating shareholder value to ensure continued opportunities make a difference. Our company focuses on the safety of its employees, provides competitive compensation (including benefits starting day 1), and emphasizes giving back to the community. For more information about Celanese and our products please visit www.celanese.com
The Evansville, IN site is a compounding/extrusion unit that produces thermoplastic materials customized to meet our customers’ specific needs.
The Production Manager is integral in providing leadership to the 24/7 teams. The Production Manager ensures the daily operation is coordinated to support stewardship, quality, reliability and engagement objectives. The Production Manager leads, manages and challenges teams to improve effectiveness and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develops and maintains work processes to achieve flawless daily execution in the unit; ensuring resources to achieve daily objectives are available in a timely manner, and implementing operational strategy developed with the Site Director.
- Provides input to the operational strategy and implements strategy developed with the Site Director.
- Creates or revises work processes to achieve flawless daily execution to the Stewardship, Quality, Reliability, Engagement (SQRE) plan.
- Ensures KPIs are on target and develops action plans to address gaps.
- Removes or mitigates barriers that would result in production issues.
- Communicates issues with the production plan proactively and provides new forecast if needed.
- Develops team objectives to support site objectives
- Identifies development objectives to ensure individual and team growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant plant experience (plant operations, production, manufacturing)
- Compounding/extrusion, Injecting molding, parts manufacturing or automotive experience a plus
- Minimum 3 years of Management/Supervisory experience
- Lean six sigma experience preferred.
- Effective Internal and external communication skills for all levels of organization.
- Ability to lead and make decisions in a team-based environment
- Ability to be a Change leader
- Ability to drive Team development