Plant Production Manager -- Milk
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for a Milk Plant Production Manager. This position is located in Bellevue, Washington.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provide the day-to-day operational leadership for plant personnel.
* Ensure the adherence to Safeway policies, practices, and procedures.
* Develop a work environment within manufacturing that promotes trust, teamwork quality and safety.
* Assign accountability, build teams, hire, develop, evaluate, train, discipline, either directly or via shift supervisors.
* Communicate items of interest or concern to employees and Plant Manager via written and oral communication.
* Utilize existing analytical tools to create customized category insights.
* Develop, monitor and ensure timely completion of plant goals/action plans, both short and long term.
* Assist Plant Manager in making operational improvements to reduce costs and to increase productivity.
* Utilize new technology and Lean manufacturing principles and processes available to maximize efficiency.
* Ensure production of a quality product in compliance with Safeway, Federal and State guidelines.
* Ensure regulatory compliance as appropriate (OSHA, EPA, FDA, USDA, HACCP, Etc.)
* Process owner of the plant processes.
* Oversee plant activities including ordering, processing, packaging, sanitation, and shipping of all plant products and services
* 4-year college degree in a related field. Experience may substitute for education.
* Six to eight years in manufacturing/operations environment. Minimum three years as Production Supervisor.
* Proven production background.
* Proven knowledge of operations/manufacturing/engineering/quality assurance.
* Strong knowledge of specific plant operations and Lean manufacturing principles.
* Working knowledge of financial cost accounting and budgeting Interpersonal and team building skills.
* Ability to manage and develop employees.
* Strong verbal/written communication.
* Ability to interface with regulatory agencies skills Working knowledge of MS applications including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, - PowerPoint and ability to grasp additional business-related applications.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled