Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Coordinates the activities of the Production Department and monitors procedures and standards to achieve consistent high-quality products produced in an efficient manner. Provides leadership for, and develops the abilities of, production management personnel in the Production Department. Responsible for ensuring the best quality products, excellent customer service by maintaining regular quality audits (American Institute of Baking), good manufacturing practices, compliance with federal/state/local regulations (FDA, OSHA, Department of Agriculture, Department of Health, etc.), HACCP, meet or exceed Global Food Safety Standards (BRC), environmental compliance.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1. Ensuring that General safety and Food Safety are absolute priorities by setting an example to others.
- Lead the achievement of a zero injury workplace by ensuring safe working conditions for employees and compliance with all state and federal regulations on environmental, health and safety issues.
- Ensures that Product Quality is an absolute priority by utilizing Integrated Process Management (IPM), plant teams, and outside resources.
- Clearly understands structure of teams, acts as a resource and ensures that the Integrated Process Management structure is maintained and that facts and data are used in all decisions related to product quality, cost savings improvements, etc.
- Develops, implements and manages all production procedures to ensure all plant goals are met.
- Supervises, trains and coaches manufacturing management to include responsibility for personnel and labor issues throughout the plant.
- Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and professionalism, demonstrating active support for the Company’s culture.
- Understand, coach and teach the principles of the BBU Manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process capability and operational discipline.
- Responsible for achieving budgets for capital investments, pan glazing, downtime, and damages.
- Maintains records for all phases of production relative to the quality of the product, including plant formulation records, and those records necessary for auditing purposes to include order completion and scheduling of holiday production.
- Analyzes results of bakery operations, determines variances from standard, and takes corrective action as needed.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the Food Safety and Quality systems.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the food safety and quality systems and other 3rd party audits.
- Conduct performance appraisals of the management team and recommends and/or implements appropriate training programs to address developmental needs.