The Production Manager is responsible for managing and directing production activities within our manufacturing facility. The plant consists of the following general departments (Machine Shop, Weld Shop, Assembly, Paint, Shipping/Receiving). This position is responsible for all aspect of the production, assembly and shipment of our products, and all production-related matters. This is a key leadership position that ensures that safety standards are met and followed always by all manufacturing employees. This position spends majority of the time on the production floor scheduling, coordinating, leading, supporting and mentoring shop personnel to ensure production runs smoothly and we meet our On-Time Delivery objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the on-time production of quality products with zero defects.
- Drive Continuous Improvement by developing methods of improving productivity.
- Implement production efficiency goals with metrics against which performance is measured on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Develop/Support quality assurance programs to ensure minimal errors and predictable and superior quality.
- Manage for superior housekeeping standards and 5S compliance.
- Supervise manufacturing employees and provide regular positive and corrective feedback as applicable.
- Administer formal performance evaluations with all employees on annual basis.
- Manage the workload of the shop assuring delivery commitments are met.
- Identify needs, provide justification, and recommend purchase of capital equipment.
- Participate in product design and value analysis meetings.
- Maintain shop safety and ensure all safety rules are universally followed.
- In concert with the Purchasing Department, maintain relationships with vendors to ensure quality and On-Time Delivery for all outsourced processes/products.
- Manage inventory levels to expectations while assuring production flow and maintaining ROI.
- Lead daily Production Meeting with key plant leadership members.
- Manage Assembly Service Technicians schedule to assure customer field support and production requirements are in balance.
- Supervise and review weekly/month cycle counts and annual inventory.
- Maintain all parts routings and update as processes change to ensure accuracy.
- Manage facilities maintenance.
- Participate in quote meetings with Customer Service and Engineering.
- Manage and review all job costs to ensure targeted profit margins are achieved.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment in a leadership role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- CNC and manual machine shop experience.
- Extensive mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Demonstrated Leadership ability.
- ERP experience a strong plus.