About the opportunity
We are looking for a motivated and driven Production Manager who will want to advance his or her career in a fast paced and dynamic work environment. Copp Industrial Manufacturing Inc. provides a hands-on work environment and a collaborative team culture ideal for someone who wants to achieve meaningful results without the hassle of corporate bureaucracy. The ideal candidate will take the opportunity to grow within this role and with the company. Success in this position will result in the opportunity to advance to a General Manager role as we grow in revenue and size.
Copp Industrial Manufacturing Inc. was established in 1964 to offer services to the Aerospace and Defense Industries. Copp provides contract manufacturing services in precision sheet metal, precision machining, mechanical assembly, and welded configurations. Currently we specialize in fast turnaround support for defense, aerospace, medical, and industrial manufacturing leaders.
We are looking to grow within the current markets we serve while becoming a true manufacturing partner tokey customers. We want to add value by providing insight into manufacturing feasibility and through engineering support. We intend to leverage our manufacturing expertise to expand into engineering design, complex assembly integration, and product certification.
Who you’ll work with
The Production Manager reports to the CEO and will manage all production personnel. The production floor currently entails sheet metal/fabrication, machine shop, welding, and assembly.
What you’ll do
- Lead and direct work activity for personnel working in sheet metalfabrication, machine shop, welding, and assembly.
- Proactively execute the delivery and quality performance of the production floor.
- Drive operational performance through daily stand up meetings to achieve delivery, quality, and financial commitments.
- Provide feedback to estimating regarding producibility,lead time, and cost for RFQ’s.
- Develop the talented members at Copp as well as recruit new talent to support growth.
- Manage the operations workload, motivate shop floor leads, and empower subordinates.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities, eliminate waste, and champion Lean.
- Ensure quality standards are met, coordinate corrective actions, and determine staffing capacity needs based of demand forecast.
- Help mature the organization by deploying standard work instructions, enforcing safety policies, and addressing operational deficiencies.
- Help create the foundation needed to aggressively grow Copp over the next 5-8 years.
- Perform other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned.
Who we are looking for
- Experience manufacturing products for aerospace or other technically challenging industries.
- Experience developing and executing long-term production runs for mechanical components.
- Experience dealing with technical challenges inherent to prototyping new products.
- Expertise in manufacturing processes for machining, sheet metal, and mechanical assembly.
- Knowledgeable aboutequipment capabilities to produce sheet metal and CNC machined parts.
- Understanding of quality management systems and working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems typically used for manufacturing.
- General knowledge of aerospace industry regulations (drawings standards, specifications, safety regulations, etc.).
- Demonstrated results leading teams in meeting operational objectives for manufacturing.
- Proven experience influencing and leading cross functional teams.
- Able to positively influence the people and the culture of the organization.
- Demonstrated problem solving capability, and the application of best practices.
- 10 years or more experience working within a production department of a large manufacturer or amachine shop that provides aerospace products.
- 5 years or more supervisory or management experience within aproduction department of a large manufacturer or a machine shop that provides aerospace products.
- 2 or 4 year college degree in a relevant field a plus, but not required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Copp Industrial Manufacturing Inc. is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for this position.
Performance based bonus