- Responds to electronic inquires/memo regarding unit operations/maintenance/safety concerns on computer systems. \t
- Directs and coordinates, either direct or through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with production of company products. \t
- Utilizes knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures to develop short-term and long-term solutions regarding maintenance issues within the unit. \t
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards. \t
- Utilizes knowledge of equipment and machine capabilities to develop action plan to increase the reliability of the unit. Recognizes problems and opportunities to formulate action plan(s)for obtaining/surpassing unit standards and achieving production and quality goals. \t
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors. \t
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment. \t
- Work with maintenance/scheduler to maintain a weekly maintenance schedule \t
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating or production problems. Compiles operational data and displays on graphs to facilitate/enhance unit personnel performance. \t
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality. Track procedure and process changes using Management of Change database to document coordination and communication to appropriate personnel in all stages of change implementation through completion. \t
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems. Consults with engineering and maintenance personnel as well as other resource avenues relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products. \t
- Coordinates turnaround itinerary with appropriate personnel to insure delivery of appropriate equipment/materials and utilization of human resources to effectively resolve or prevent equipment failure thus improving performance of unit.\t
- Track shutdown work orders and make turnaround schedule. Provide leadership and coordinate operations activities during turnaround. \t
- Attends monthly meeting to address safety and environmental concerns and incidents as well as current safety performance. Reviews and discusses safety incident occurrences within the industrial community or other plant-sites. Addresses current safety issues brought forth by unit personnel. \t
- Performs safety presentations regarding relevant subject matter. \t
- Assists in development and coordination of the safety training within the department. \t
- Compiles and presents monthly report regarding production, operational and maintenance issues and financial impact. \t
- May participate on the Emergency Response Team.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Chemical Engineering \t
- Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) \t
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a Process Engineering role \t
- Completes DOT HAZMAT employee training \t
- This position will have direct and indirect reports \t
- Ability to walk through out the plant
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.