Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence an academic-all combined with a passion for public service.
What we do:
The Financial Services Group provides banking services to the U.S. government, banks and other financial institutions. Within this group, there are two primary businesses: Wholesale Product Office (WPO) and Cash Function.
The WPO operates a critical financial services business on behalf of the Federal Reserve System (FRS), and is responsible for the management, operation, support, and development of wholesale services (Fedwire Funds Service, Fedwire Securities Service and National Settlement Service). This includes developing new services, service enhancements, and pricing models, and ensuring the technology used to deliver the wholesale services is secure, resilient, and satisfies business requirements. Wholesale services are systemically important financial market infrastructures (FMIs) and are central in supporting settlement for other systemically important private-sector FMIs. Its mission as a central-bank operated business is to ensure financial stability, evolving supervisory landscape, and face the unique challenges akin to a private-sector business. The WPO carries out this mission through a team operated out of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY) and a network of critical Reserve Bank service providers.
The Production Operations area is responsible for the 24/7 operation and administration of distributed payments systems supporting the WPO's critical, high value, high availability Fedwire businesses. This team ensures that the wholesale services and Account Balance Services applications are available according to their business requirements while providing premium customer service to the Federal Reserve System districts and other application users.
Reporting to the Production Operations Manager, you will work on one of the following evening shift options in New York, NY or East Rutherford, NJ:
- Monday - Friday (12:00 AM - 8:30 AM)
- Monday - Thursday (10:00 PM - 8:30 AM)
- Tuesday - Friday (10:00 PM - 8:30 AM)
You may be subject to periodic rotation to other overnight shifts as needed for operational coverage. Training will take place for 1-2 months on the day shift (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM) before moving to a scheduled overnight shift.
Your role as Production Operations Analyst:
- Monitor the Production Fedwire Applications and Operating Systems by completing the daily checklist of activities which are critical in meeting the service availability target for customer processing
- Identify, analyze, and report on production problems and operational issues, with appropriate escalation to management
- Help implement all environment and application changes to the Fedwire systems
- Assist Fedwire customers with updates and inquiries
- Contribute to projects and work group initiatives. Help develop user documentation, and operational and contingency procedures for payment applications and environments.