Performs all functions associated with the start-up, shutdown, lockout, sanitation, and operation of the packaging process equipment. Troubleshoots equipment and makes necessary adjustments to ensure the efficient flow of product. Ensures product quality within controlled parameters to minimize waste.
- Efficiently and safely operates and monitors all packaging equipment to maintain product flow from discharge of the extruder to palletize.
- Responsible for package integrity and quality checks, including metal, seals, code date, and product weight and case counts/weights.
- Monitors and maintains correct product/case weights.
- Handles scrap and waste from machine as necessary.
- Troubleshoots equipment to ensure continuous operation.
- Works in a safe and responsible manner, exercising caution to avoid accidents, prevent injury to people or damage to the equipment.
- Maintains a clean, orderly work area. Ensures area cleaned and organized as part of the shift hand-off and weekly shutdown/sanitation process. Operates floor scrubber and other cleaning devices as required.
- Adheres to all safety and GMP policies and promotes safe work practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for notifying maintenance or supervisor when line or piece of line is down and needs attention
**Shift differential for night shift.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- On the job training is given.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be trained in lockout/tagout procedures and hazard communication.
- Knowledge of GMP's, FDA, and OSHA regulations.
- Valid forklift license and hand jack license will be required. Ability to operate manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, so employees must be able to wear hearing protection as required in designated areas.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to dusty conditions due to the handling of bulk products. The employee must be able to wear and use breathing protection devices as required while working in these conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must also occasionally push/pull 350 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
- Employee must be flexible in learning and working in other job functions to ensure a competent, trained workforce. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, so employees must be able to wear hearing protection as required in designated areas.
Perfetti Van Melle, USA is a EOE, M/F/D/V and AAP Employer