Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
This position will support all Forging Cell production. In addition, this position will perform necessary functions in Secondary Operations work centers, as assigned. Hammer and Impacter support duties include but are not limited to: assistance with Hammer setup, cleaning, material handling and working as an Impacter Helper. Secondary operations responsibilities include but are not limited to: all tasks required for raw material handling, the Annealing and Blast Cleaning processes, Work In Process and Finished Goods inventory material handling, hot forming, Manual and Grabener Coining operation and Nonconforming Product rework and disposition.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Including but not limited to: Automated Forging Hammer and Impacter work centers, forming machine(s), die heater, overhead and jib cranes, fork lifts, part dumper, tongs, hand tools, pneumatic key drivers, Annealing Furnaces and baskets, Blast Cleaning Room Equipment, Manual Coining Presses, Computer and part scale for inventory.
Raw material and forged parts produced by Automated Forging Hammer and Impacter work centers.
- Perform material handling duties, as required.
- Responsible for operation of all secondary operations equipment, including but not limited to: the Annealing Furnaces and Blast Cleaning equipment.
- Responsible for visual quality of all secondary operations parts.
- Meet and maintain productivity standards.
- Work as a backup Impacter Helper performing trimming operations.
- Work with Automated Forging Hammer and Impacter Operators to help set-up cells within changeover time standards.
- Visually inspect assigned equipment prior to start-up.
- Keep equipment/work area in a clean orderly condition and maintain a safe work environment.
- Operate forklift and crane as required.
- Make and exercise decisions as required in the performance of the job.
- Assist in training back-up personnel.
- Performs other duties as required by supervision.
- Prior manufacturing work experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and procedures in English.
- Ability to operate a crane and forklift.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.