GasCylinder Operator I (Loader) in Burbank, CA
- Perform cylinder cleaning, painting and general maintenance regularly.
- Identify and sort cylinders for efficient retesting and handling.
- Safely operate forklift, hand-truck, pallet-jack, chain hoist, etc. to load/unload compressed and liquid industrial gas cylinders to and from delivery trucks to testing and storage areas.
- May load cylinders onto vehicles manually or with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Transfer plant cylinders to different areas within the facility using a forklift.
- Notify supervisor if normal truck loading duties cannot be accomplished for any reason.
- Replace pallet straps as necessary.
- Complete required paperwork accurately and as needed.
- Report any equipment or facility defect(s) to supervisor.
- Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience and/or training preferred
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with fellow Associates in a professional manner
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be detailed-oriented with good organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, MSDS, and procedure manuals
- Possess basic mathematic and written skills
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.