|| SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the Director/Chairman of Pathology and Administration of BronxCare Health System has responsibility to assist in the clinical oversight of Pathology & Laboratory at BronxCare Health System.
- Assists in communication, training, competency assessment and on-going compliance with requirements and standards of mandating governing agencies. (JCAHO, NYSDOH, CAP, etc.)
- Responsible to review all laboratory policy and procedure manuals to ensure that they are current and accurate as delegated by the Director/Chairman.
- Assists in the supervision of Quality Management activities.
- Assists in ensuring that proficiency tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assists the supervision of the clinical Laboratory Supervisors.
- Assists in the oversight of the activities of the Pathologists, Pathologist Assistants (PA's) and Cytotechnologists.
- Assists the Director/Chairman in ensuring that all employees of the laboratory are appropriately certified.
- Maintains regular attendance at internal and external leadership meetings as assigned or in the absence of the Director/Chairman.
- Participates in training programs as required.
- Develops effective working relationships and solutions to interdepartmental issues with other Chiefs of Service, Staff and Nursing, where appropriate.
- Performs Frozen Sections on intraoperative specimens
- Performs macroscopic(grossing) and microscopic examinations of tissue samples (large & small biopsies).
- Performs microscopic examinations for GYN and Non-GYN Cytopathology specimens.
- Assists in the oversight of Autopsy and Morgue Services.
NYS COQ to act as a Laboratory Director
NYS MD license
Board Certification in Pathology (AP/CP)
Doctor of Medicine
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Clinical Laboratory operations (i.e.: Chemistry,
Hematology, Microbiology, POC, Blood Bank as well as Anatomic Pathology operations (i.e.: Surgical biopsy diagnosis, Autopsy performance, Cytology & Histology,
Administrative and leadership responsibilities
Communication skills (verbal & written)
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years
Microscope, computer, grossing tools (i.e.: scalpels,
scissors, forceps), cryostat.
COMPUTER PROGRAMS/SOFTWARE OPERATED
Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Cerner Millennium (LIS), Allscripts (EMR), Outlook (E-Mail)