Packing position for local manufacturing firm in Lane County:
To provide a documented procedure and general guidelines for decorated product that has been visually confirmed to fall inside of established specifications. These include but are not limited to dye lots, sizing, labels, and/or overall construction (specifically blank custom caps)
- Load order from Quality Assurance onto packaging table
- Cross check the following between the paper work order and the caps to be packaged:
- Color(s) with specific attention to dye lots
- Sizes (Sized caps are to be packaged with like sizes, in a manner in which the customer can easily identify. IE: From back to front – LG/XL, SM/MD, Y/XS. Youth caps will always go in front of adult caps
- Visually cross check the decoration with the paper work order, noting front, back, and/or side decoration
- Spot check decorated product for consistent quality. If decorated product falls outside of established standards, consult a Supervisor immediately
- Ensure the quantity of caps received from Quality Assurance matches the physical work order
- All caps are to be blow off with supplied air hose, watching for loose threads, bad decoration, and/or inconsistent product
- After caps have been blown off, package into supplied bags according to boxing requirements
- Ensure that all copies/parts of the order are available to be packaged. If all parts are not available when delivered to packaging, please consult a Supervisor and alert them to the issue. Incomplete orders are NOT to be delivered to the Packaging Station.
- Using Work Order 3.0 and supplied scanner, scan the barcode located at top center of the physical work order. The scan process ‘Completes’ the orders for all other associated personnel, and the order is now ready to be shipped via common carrier.
3:30pm - 12:00am, will work some mandatory Saturdays