Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Production Planner.
Position Summary: The Production Planner works within a team to handle the overall planning and scheduling of work throughout the manufacturing operation, including developing production schedules to meet on time delivery requirements while maintaining target inventory levels, maximized efficiencies and minimizing waste. Strong collaboration with operations, forecasting, and customer support is critical to success in this role.
- Develops a functional understanding of shop floor equipment, labor constraints and alternate routing methods.
- Analyze demand of assigned manufacturing area(s) to meet customer and inventory requirements.
- Develops formal production plans and schedules and updates as required. Schedules to minimize waste, optimize efficiencies, and utilize capacities.
- Transactional planning, scheduling, and inventory management in ERP system. Perform necessary planning, scheduling, and inventory transactions as required
- Provides shop floor work instructions and works closely with area manufacturing supervisors to ensure adherence to the schedule and targeted equipment performance.
- Proactively address and communicate schedule issues or sudden shifts in demand and impacts to inventory levels and adjusting production schedules to achieve inventory targets.
- Expedites customer orders as required.
- Monitors production attainment to the manufacturing schedule and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Works with purchasing to ensure raw materials are available in sufficient quantities to meet production schedule and customer requirements.
- Communicates effectively, as liaison between operations, customer service, and leadership on any production schedule issues.
- Serve as lead agent to drive system and process improvements including inventory control, material availability, and other supply chain initiatives for areas of responsibility.
- Participates in department improvement projects as assigned by management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Associates degree preferred with 3-5 years of production planning and scheduling experience in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent
- Experience using MRP / ERP systems (SAP preferred)
- Working knowledge of JIT and Lean concepts are beneficial
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Excel and Access
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment; excellent time management skills
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.