WIKA Instrument LP
WIKA Instrument LP is looking for a Production Planner (1st Shift).
We are looking for a candidate who will deliver exceptional planning expertise during their shift.
Are you the right candidate?
Do you have the skills to be a Production Planner and are you ready to work for a world market leader in pressure, temperature, and level measurement instrumentation?
We have an amazing opportunity for you...
As a privately held company for more than 60 years, WIKA stands for tradition, continuity, sustainability and community. Working at WIKA means: reliability, belonging to a team, and professional development. It also means benefiting from the many advantages of working for a large company, one which values its staff, their families and their future.
BASIC PURPOSE: The basic purpose of a production planner is to review product demand and schedule production, in accordance with the guidelines provided in the S&OP (sales & operations plan), to meet internal and external customer demand which includes direct orders (internal and external) and make-to-stock orders. As product demand, component availability, and capacity availability changes, the production planner adjusts the schedules accordingly and communicates updated delivery information to all necessary parties.
- Planning and scheduling workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Monitoring, analyzing & reporting performance to schedule of production & production support activities and utilizing information derived from material and production control systems.
- Ensuring correct parameters are set for each manufactured and purchased item and reporting discrepancies to the appropriate department.
- Determining the status of assigned projects, expediting operations that delay schedules, and altering schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Ensuring that all parties are fully cognizant of production status and that planning and execution objectives are integrated & communicated.
- Coordinating & expediting the placement of purchase orders and/or delivery of required material.
- Conferring with production line supervisors to determine progress of work, projected completion dates, and causes of production delays.
- Interfacing with customer account managers to create customer-specific production schedules to meet special requirements that exceed standard requirement quantities.
- May also prepare purchase orders to obtain required materials.
- 30% of work time is devoted to planning
- 30% of work time is devoted to reorganizing planning due to customer demands
- 25% of work time is devoted to supporting manufacturing
- 10% of work time is devoted to maintaining accurate kanban levels
- Change safety stocks to reflect new customer demand
- Support Engineering, Customer Service, and Shipping
- Information source on how/what to do to satisfy customer demand
- Support supervisors with action plans to react to changing conditions
- Ensure others work safely
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ADDITIONAL DUTIES:
See above and below
- Assist others as needed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Must possess professional and cross-cultural communication skills
2+ years’ experience in Planning/Scheduling & in working with MRP System
1 + year experience in Purchasing
Must possess solid analytical skills in forecasting and anticipating production needs and capabilities.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations under stress.
Excellent math, reasoning, and problem solving skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Ability to work under stress with many sources of opportunity